Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Affordable Venue Help Needed!

Hello Pittsburgh brides! I recenlty got engaged and I'm getting really stressed about finding a reception venue. I am planning on getting married in Spring or Summer of 2014. I'm waiting to find a venue before setting a date. I'm looking for something that is classy, but not too expensive. I'm hoping to stay around $50-$60 per person including food and alcohol. We are expecting 250 guests. We would idealy like a venue that has a lot of character, an outdoor space for a cocktail hour, and the option to bring in your own caterer and alcohol (we thought this might help to save money). I have been trying to get in touch with the Bigelow Center, but I haven't heard back from anyone. Does anyone know if they are still in business? The ceremony will be in the East End, so we are hoping to stay on that side of town or in the downtown/oakland area.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Re: Affordable Venue Help Needed!

• Congratulations on your engagement!  From what I have seen in other posts the Aviary might be a place to look into.  Also the opera house is great for budget and DIY but I don't know that they have an outdoor area.
  • I'm getting married at the Pittsburgh Opera next June, and they do not have an outdoor space other than the parking area,but even that isn't truly "outdoors" as it's covered. The space also might be a little small for 250 people. I think 200 is their comfortable max, and that's not having anything else in the room such as buffets, candy tables, etc.

You should look into the Pittsburgh Zoo. That was my second choice. They have an outdoor tent that is really beautiful, and they have 2 options inside the aquarium and underneath where the sea otters are. They have different packages for each location that includes location, food and alcohol, and I think the tent would be in your price range.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards