Attire & Accessories Forum

Got a potential engagement photo outfit - need some help

I visited a store I used to work at last night to see my old coworkers. They know my style pretty well and practically forced me to try this dress on and it was adorable so then I had to buy it (with my employee discount that I still get!)

So now I'm thinking of wearing it for our engagement photos at the end of April. I figure FI can wear jeans and a red shirt of some kind. My question is:

The end of April is kind of an iffy time temperature wise in the upper midwest. I doubt I'll be able to wear this alone. Should I just wear a black cardigan with it? Also, what shoes should I wear? It hjts me just above the knee.

Re: Got a potential engagement photo outfit - need some help

• It's cute!! I'd say maybe FI in a black shirt? I think red might be a little much for me. I think some cute pumps or flats in black would be great for you.
  • Ditto misssunshine. A black cardigan with cute black shoes and FI in a complimentary colour rather than red.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • I guess I just wanted more color since the red isn't a bright red. But now that I think about it, you're right. Black probably would look better for him. (Although he already has black shirts and I was hoping he'd be forced to go shopping because good lord does he need new clothes!)
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We did our E-photos on Halloween near Lake Michigan. It was like 30 degrees out. I wore a cardi for some pictures and "sucked it up" for others. That dress is too cute to not get some pictures of you in it without a sweater!

For shoes, wear the height of heel that you'd normally wear. It will help you to look more natural in pictures.
  • edited March 2013
    I love the dress! Personally, I think nice black flats would look really cute without being too, too fancy. (Then again, I rarely wear heels, so if you do, I agree with PP and go with what is natural.) Another option (depending on the weather and your preference) would be to wear black tights and black ankle boots. I'm not sure how you feel about wearing tights or leggings in your engagement pictures. Either way, a black cardigan would really set off the colors.

ETA: spelling
    Anniversary
  • Wedges would be cute with the dress if you wanted some heel height but didn't want to worry about walking on grass or over rough terrain.  I would get a cardigan or maybe a jean jacket to layer over the dress if it is cold.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards