Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

I'm a cake baker and can't decide on my own cake flavors! lol

This is what I'm considering...today anyway, it could change tomorrow...

bottom tier...white chocolate cake with alternating layers of raspberry preserves and dark chocolate chambord ganache

Middle tier...spice cake with cream cheese and fig preserves OR apple spice cake with salted caramel buttercream

top tier... chocolate chip cake with Khalua mousse filling

What is everyone else doing? 

Re: I'm a cake baker and can't decide on my own cake flavors! lol

• We had cupcakes in flavors of lemon, strawberry, and amaretto. 

I vote the apple spice w/salted caramel buttercream for the middle if you're wondering. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think you should eliminate the ganache from the bottom tier.  That tier is the biggest, so I would try to make it appealing to more people.  Ganache is very rich, and doesn't appeal to a wider # of people. 

The middle sounds awesome, but I had the same flavors for my top tier, so I'm probably a bit biased. 
  • The spice cake with fig preserves and cream cheese frosting sounds amazeballs to me. I'd like a piece. Two actually. Now please?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It sounds amazing, I would eat any of those flavors, but I agree that one layer should be a bit "plainer" do that people who aren't as adventorous have something familiar to eat.
  • I am sure all of those cakes would be great but I prefer a simple/plain cake, meaning give me a good piece of white cake or chocolate cake with a good buttercream frosting and I am one happy camper.

I would do a simple tier for those like me and then have some more interesting flavors for the other tiers.

• Wedding Cake Flavors:

Dulce De Leche

Caramel Cake

Dulce De Leche Whipped Creme

Caramel French Buttercream

Old-Fashioned Chocolate

Chocolate Cake

Semi-sweet Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate French Buttercream

Hazelnut Dacquoise

Hazelnut Cake

Hazelnut Meringue

Hazelnut Mousse

Chocolate Ganache

Old-Fashioned Coconut 

Coconut Cake

Shaved, Sweetened Coconut

Coconut French Buttercream

Meyer Lemon 

Lemon Cake

Lemon Curd

Lemon French Buttercream

Vanilla-Raspberry  

Vanilla Cake

Seedless Raspberry Preserves

Raspberry French Buttercream

Ice Cream Sundae Bar:

Tahitian Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Cinnamon Ice Cream

Double Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream

Lemon Custard Ice Cream

Toppings

Hot Fudge Sauce

Hot Caramel Sauce

Marshmallow Sauce

Raspberry Sauce

Candied Pecans

Chantilly Whipped Crème

Gold & Blue Jimmies

Andes Candies

Reese’s Minis

Maraschino Cherries

• I WANT ALL OF THE FOODS.

Just kidding. But the lemon cake sounds great, and I think it's a pretty popular choice. Old-fashioned chocolate would probably be a big crowd-pleaser too. I know my grandfather wouldn't eat any cake unless it was some sort of plain chocolate cake like the one above.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Question - are you cutting in to the top layer or saving it for your first anniversary? If saving, consider which freezes the best and what flavor you and FI prefer.

The two bottom layers sound the best to me. I would probably prefer the apple spice.
  • That all sounds wonderful to me. I baked our wedding cake. The bottom tier was a chocolate truffle torte, middle tier was orange-almond sponge cake with Grand Marnier-orange blossom Italian meringue buttercream. Top tier was buttermilk spice cake with the same buttercream. Whole thing was covered in homemade orange blossom fondant. 

• Sarabellam's cake sounds GOOD! WOW - impressed.

OP - anything caramel wins my vote, anytime.  MMM
  • do a dark chocolate cake with a raspberry mouse inside and a white chocolate buttercream on the outside let me tell you that cake flavor is out of this world 
  • Thanks for all the new suggestions...maybe I just need to have  6 or 7 tier cake instead of 3, haha! 
  • This is what our cake is going to look like. The black will be in Olive Green. We are sticking with just plain flavors like chocolate and vanilla but we will also have carrot cake ones since that is me and my FI's favorite flavor. We have discussed have a couple small round cakes as well in other flavors but not sure yet. I say go with one tier a universal flavor that most people would like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards