New York-Long Island
Options

deSeversky Mansion @ NYIT... thoughts?

Fell in love with deSeversky Mansion at NYIT after site visit and looking for feedback on quality of food, friendliness of staff, negotiation/contract process, etc.  Also, what feedback does anyone have on their (3) different types of reception styles (traditional, european, mansion) Has everything we were looking for!

Re: deSeversky Mansion @ NYIT... thoughts?

• Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last fall there...it was honestly gorgeous.

I know nothing of their contract or negotiation process, but as a guest, it was great.
    The wedding was held outdoors in the back, and the dinner was buffet and there were stations in different rooms.  It was a great alternative to your classic catering hall on long island.  If i got married on LI, i would have looked there.

Was truly a great space.  
    GOod luck!
  • Options
    AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI went to a wedding there years ago.  Couldn't get over it and wanted to look at it for ours (i fell in love with a different venue)
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Graduated from NYIT (nursing alumni) and the deSeversky Mansion is gorgeous, food is really good. I love the place but it did not fit into our budget : (

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved the place as well, but when my guest list grew to over 200... it had to come off the list of possibilities.  I have heard a few different reviews on their food though.  We went with Carlyle on the Green in the Bethpage State Park instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards