Students

Happy Group Project Season! (rant)

So my professor put us in groups from a "group project" two weeks ago. A week went by and he hadn't mentioned the project again so I got on the course webpage to find out that my group was scheduled to go within a week and that the presentation was to be 10 minutes long, with an extra two minutes of classes at the end of our presentation. Immeadiately I panicked and tracked down the email addresses of my group mates and wrote a nice email about possibly meeting up or creating a Google Doc to work on the presentation. I heard nothing back from them. During the next class period we got a minute to discuss things and everyone in the group admitted that they had recieved my e-mail. We decided to create a Google Doc and set up a time to meet (which happens to be tonight at 9:30 after I get out of work). Two days went by and I heard nothing, so I created the Google Doc, filled in basic information (such as titles on slides that relate to the questions were supposed to be answering, related terms and definitions of those terms). I shared the document AND sent out a second e-mail with a link to the document. I've since added more info to the document, but the only other person to add information only put in about 5 words, FIVE. Our 12 minute project is supposed to happen in TWO DAYS. I'm so livid I could sream!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Group Project Season! (rant)

• I hate group projects.  I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Elbecko- that sounds nuts too!  Where do these people come from?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Ah, the joys of group projects.  I am so insanely happy I haven't had to do those in the past two years . . . It really really sucks when you don't have at least one person in the group that is like-minded and just wants to get things done.  Hopefully future group projects will have better members for both of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards