June 2013 Weddings
Options

Difficult people

We invited mr and mrs... Got a response for 5 even though its a kid free wedding. They assumed their 17-18-20 yr old kids are just invited (I've only met the 17 yr old)

FI and I talk to the friend who says he doesn't know why his wife RSVP or 5 ppl. FI politely told him we are keeping it a small wedding and we ant accommodate everyone. So friend goes on to say its going to be him, wife and the 2 daughters bc they want to go. We again explain the invite was for him and his wife due to the limited guest list. The wife got all upset and said she's never been invited to a wedding that didn't include the entire family. I told FI we have room for the 2 but I NEED TO KNOW! Somehow 2 went to 5 then to 4.

We love the guy, he's a great guy and always been a great friend. His wife is just a force to be reckoned with. She's nice but we don't deal with her often. She's very opinionated and talks to me like I'm a child when it comes to just about everything (she's my mothers age). I'm in my 30s, I've been married before (for 10 yrs) and I have 3 children from my first marriage.

I don't understand why people can't read an invite and realize and accept they are being invited As guests its not up to them to just decide how many ppl they want to bring.

Re: Difficult people

• Options
    The joys of RSVPs...some people are just rude and can't wrap their head around the fact that their darling children aren't invited everywhere. Good luck sorting this one out, the wife sounds like a real treat.
  • Options
    To, hopefully, avoid this, FI and I wrote the people who are invited ON the actual RSVP. We can't afford to have all the kids there FI has cousins that have 10 kids. I am sure we will have some people who are like "what???", but we are the ones paying for it. If they don't like it, then they don't have to come. Sounds nasty, but I am so over trying to accommodate others when it's OUR wedding. Good luck and hopefully you won't get any more of these.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_difficult-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:38e96711-e3c9-4d00-af22-0c303f843366Post:0af4e235-0e09-4dd9-9da1-53d7dd1daca2">Re:Difficult people</a>:
    [QUOTE]To, hopefully, avoid this, FI and I wrote the people who are invited ON the actual RSVP. We can't afford to have all the kids there FI has cousins that have 10 kids. I am sure we will have some people who are like "what???", but we are the ones paying for it. If they don't like it, then they don't have to come. Sounds nasty, but I am so over trying to accommodate others when it's OUR wedding.
    Good luck and hopefully you won't get any more of these.
    Posted by Mikesgal419[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that... The envelope and inner envelope were both addressed to MR AND MRS JOHN SMITH.

And they still RSVP for 5 ppl....
  • Options
    Ugh seriously I dont understand why people think this is ok, I would stand your ground and dont let them bring the kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards