Snarky Brides

bridezilla vent

oh my god! i am so tired of seeing all of these posts about how this bm or this moh arent " doing their duties" i mean WTF. My MoH lives 8 hrs away and my only bm (my baby sister) honestly could care less about my wedding and that does not bother me in the slightest. I have made sure that i am including them in all decisions about their dresses and all i have asked them to do was go with me to try on dresses. Why do all these women treat their "closest friends" like slaves? it is just so frustrating! ...and end rant
Anniversary

Re: bridezilla vent

• Its because the wedding industry puts out all these "list" of "bm duties." Girls think that is the normal thing. Its ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Because they read too many bridal magazines, watch too many wedding shows, and look at Pinterest too much.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If they aren't doing their bm duties, maybe they should see a doctor. 

Sorry.

I do agree with Addie and Sierra that the wedding industry fills our heads with all kinds of very pretty nonsense. I love pinterest as much as the next person, but I can only look at it for so long before my head starts spinning. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezilla-vent-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47fa2ab3-fca9-4b97-93a6-540e480a99dfPost:45891726-e1d0-4557-8ce3-fa5402372ac7">bridezilla vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh my god! i am so tired of seeing all of these posts about how this bm or this moh arent " doing their duties" i mean WTF. My MoH lives 8 hrs away and my only bm (my baby sister) honestly could care less about my wedding and that does not bother me in the slightest. I have made sure that i am including them in all decisions about their dresses and all i have asked them to do was go with me to try on dresses. Why do all these women treat their "closest friends" like slaves? it is just so frustrating! ...and end rant
    Posted by smalfrie19[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>cheers to this!! i am being crystal clear with my only girl, just so she is in the loop and knows what is happening. i am probably going to be planning my own bachelorette. can't expect things from others sometimes so you gotta do them yourselves. be happy with it!</div>
  • In Response to Re:bridezilla vent:[QUOTE]If they aren't doing their bm duties, maybe they should see a doctor.nbsp;Sorry.I do agree with Addie and Sierra that the wedding industry fills our heads with all kinds of very pretty nonsense. I love pinterest as much as the next person, but I can only look at it for so long before my head starts spinning.nbsp; Posted by anniecate[/QUOTE]

Haha that's the first thing my beavis brain thought too! ... I like you...

I'm not even having any bridesmaids, my sons will be standing by my side. However my first wedding I had 6. They were all family and I couldnt even imagine treating them the way some brides treat their girls. It's pitiful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezilla-vent-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47fa2ab3-fca9-4b97-93a6-540e480a99dfPost:45891726-e1d0-4557-8ce3-fa5402372ac7">bridezilla vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh my god! i am so tired of seeing all of these posts about how this bm or this moh arent " doing their duties" i mean WTF. My MoH lives 8 hrs away and my only bm (my baby sister) honestly could care less about my wedding and that does not bother me in the slightest. I have made sure that i am including them in all decisions about their dresses and all i have asked them to do was go with me to try on dresses. Why do all these women treat their "closest friends" like slaves? it is just so frustrating! ...and end rant
    Posted by smalfrie19[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed! Our bridesmaids are our sisters and they are happy and excited for the wedding. They came with me when I bought my dress, which was their choice, and they happily came bridesmaid dress shopping with me- were great sports about trying lots of dresses on- and bought their dress. I don't need anything else from them and I am so happy with them. I want them to really enjoy the experience of being our bridesmaids and I don't want it to cost them a lot of time or money or stress. I'm happy that we were able to budget to pay for their hair and make-up. My sister told me she's not confident on her wedding knowledge and knowing what a MOH is supposed to do and she feels guilty about that, and I told her that she should ignore any advice she hears about what she's 'supposed' to do. I told her that I expect nothing from her other than showing up and wearing her dress and having a good time. She's so happy for me what more could I want? I don't think they are planning any pre-wedding parties for me and that is just fine with me. </div><div>
    </div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezilla-vent-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47fa2ab3-fca9-4b97-93a6-540e480a99dfPost:8e38a0ca-47a0-4b8f-a2ac-9ba10edf69ff">Re: bridezilla vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to bridezilla vent : cheers to this!! i am being crystal clear with my only girl, just so she is in the loop and knows what is happening. i am probably going to be planning my own bachelorette. can't expect things from others sometimes so you gotta do them yourselves. be happy with it!
    Posted by malenfap[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't plan your own bachelorette.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I agree!  The wedding industry is a bit ridiculous, especially on this topic.  Except for the dress and showing up, nothing is required.  I think that the ONLY time it is acceptable to ask for help with something is when they OFFER to help with something specific, and even that situation has to be treated with caution.  I hate it when brides treat their family/friends like garbage!
  • Agreed! My MOH send me an IM yesterday saying 'is there anything you want me to do as MOH?'  My reply was..nope. Show up in the dress and I'm happy. WTF is with these crazy people who start telling their BM's how long to have their hair and what they should be eating..it's just insane. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Agree with previous posters. I have a grand total of nine ladies standing up with me (some of whom I bragged about a couple of weeks back for their particularly amazing level of kindness) and they've all repeatedly told me to call them if I "need anything at all." Even a couple of my girlfriends who aren't in the wedding party have said that to me.

But what, honestly, would I ask them to do besides just be there? Half of them are moms - a couple of them brand new moms at that - and two of them live out of state. Even those who are local and single have extremely busy lives, and nobody should ever take that for granted. I'm thankful for them simply being in my life and being who they are. Anything else is just icing on the cake.
  • The best thing to do, is discuss the MOh and bridesmaid role you want them to play, when you ask them to be in the bridal party. If they find its too much work, then they can bow out before they buy their dress... this also avoids issues later on, when you're stressed out with plannin.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards