Flowers

Flowers

I was hoping to be able to have all white rose bouquets for my bridesmaids with a few aqua colored roses mixed in. My flourist is telling me that it can't be done without spray painting the roses and that he does not recommend it. 
I've dozens of pictures of brides and bridesmaids on line with that color in their bouqets..
Does anyone know anything about it and if it's really a bad idea ? I also suggested a few fake flowers mixed in with the real ones so I could have the blue to match the bridesmaids dresses and he told me it's too tacky.
<sighhhhhh />

Re: Flowers

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I absolutely detest dyed flowers of any kind.  Aqua blue is not a color that is found naturally in flowers.  I agree with your florist that spraying them is not a good idea.  For one, it would be impossible to completely spray a rose a solid color and for another that would just look bad.  Roses do not come in that color naturally.

As for mixing real with fake, you could, but you would be able to tell the difference between the two.

As for all the pictures that you have seen, most likely those brides used fake roses to get the color look they were going for.

IMO, have all white bouquets for your BMs and have your florist tuck in some aqua colored stems of rhinestones/gems (something like this, he should be able to get something similar from his wholesaler...http://www.fss.com/wedding-and-anniversary-(800000)/jewels-pearls-and-rhinestones-(806500)/colored-rhinestone-spray-x-5-(30006397)/) and wrap the bouquet stem in aqua ribbon.

ETA:  Since your BMs are wearing the blue then let matching the color will just make the bouquet disappear against their dresses.

• Bouquets don't have to be "matchy-matchy". There are other great blue flowers actually in nature, some lavendar has a blue tint. I also like the idea above of finding some blue "bling" for the bouquets instead of having blue flowers.

You don't have to have blue in the bouquets at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards