Registry and Gift Forum

Things going on clearance...

So the bedding that FI and I chose for our wedding registary has gone on clearance...The wedding is only about 2 months away so should this be something I should worry about or should I try to find something different?  
*The bridal shower is May 18th* 

Re: Things going on clearance...

• I'd say maybe be prepared to find something different. Chances are, with it being on clearance now, and you still have over a month before your shower, it may not be available.  What else may happen is that, pieces may still be available, but not the whole set.  I'm not sure if you registered for a "bed in a bag" type thing or each piece is sold separately.  Maybe if pieces are separate you could buy the comforter and register for sheets that may go along with it, if it's a print of some sort. That way, you can get what you want, but others can still help you to complete the set.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_things-going-on-clearance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:c618d894-4ecf-4ff9-b105-096ce7bf451cPost:968c42f5-5733-409d-a745-303bbe39023c">Things going on clearance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So the bedding that FI and I chose for our wedding registary has gone on clearance...The wedding is only about 2 months away so should this be something I should worry about or should I try to find something different?   *The bridal shower is May 18th* 
    Posted by Dchacha413[/QUOTE]

When the quilt we registered for went on clearance, DH and I went to BBB and bought it ourselves (but didn't buy it through our registry).  We figured if someon else gets it for us, we can just take the one that we bought back (we didn't open it till after the wedding anyway).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_things-going-on-clearance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:c618d894-4ecf-4ff9-b105-096ce7bf451cPost:a8ce007e-7a4c-40a9-a3b0-fbca166f3fd2">Re: Things going on clearance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Things going on clearance... : When the quilt we registered for went on clearance, DH and I went to BBB and bought it ourselves (but didn't buy it through our registry).  We figured if someon else gets it for us, we can just take the one that we bought back (we didn't open it till after the wedding anyway).
    Posted by daveANDkristen[/QUOTE]

I agree with this! 

Another option if you feel comfortable with it, is letting your mom know.  My mom knew the items on our registry that we *really* wanted and when guests asked her for suggestions on what to get, she suggested those items.  Of course I would never have mentioned it to guests myself, but since peoeple were coming to her for advice (and ONLY to those who did come to her for advice) she was happy to make suggestions.  Perhaps guests have began asking her for suggestions for your shower..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys!  I talked to my grandmother (like my mother) and she actually went out and bought it for us!  Shes super sweet!
  • Thanks guys!  I talked to my grandmother (like my mother) and she actually went out and bought it for us!  Shes super sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards