September 2013 Weddings

The search for the discontinued dress.

7 years ago I was working in a Salon (where someone is always getting married whether their 1st or 5th time) and I was flipping through a bridal magazine thinking how ugly most of the dresses were.  It looked like people just wrapped a down comforter aroundthemselves!!  Then on the next page it was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.  Maggie Sottero Suzanne in coral gold.  I looked at my friend and coworker and said... if I ever get married, I will wear this dress. 

I spent 3 months calling every Maggie distributor in over 10 states and event the United Kingdom before I found my dress!  It was fate that I found it in Murfreesboro, TN for $900 where my Aunt and Uncle just happened to be driving by that day on their way home from a winter in Florida.  I bought the dress without ever seeing it or trying it on in person.. and with no returns!  This is very unlike me!!!!

They get it home and it is absolutly perfect. 

The following week me and my bridesmaids attended a bridal show.  One of the bridal shops asked me if I had gotten my dress. She asked which one I had gotten and I told her.   She says ARE YOU THE LADY WHO HAS BEEN CALLING EVERYWHERE FOR THAT DRESS?  So, I have a  lot of people who were looking out for me for that dress!  She tells me she had lost my number but had someone return the exact dress I wanted in my size and they were selling it for................$450.

Yeah, I can't say that I am dissapointed because I got the perfect dress... but I do wish she wouldn't have lost my number and saved me hundreds of dollars! 

Re: The search for the discontinued dress.

• 7 years ago I was working in a Salon (where someone is always getting married whether their 1st or 5th time) and I was flipping through a bridal magazine thinking how ugly most of the dresses were.  It looked like people just wrapped a down comforter aroundthemselves!!  Then on the next page it was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.  Maggie Sottero Suzanne in coral gold.  I looked at my friend and coworker and said... if I ever get married, I will wear this dress. 

I spent 3 months calling every Maggie distributor in over 10 states and event the United Kingdom before I found my dress!  It was fate that I found it in Murfreesboro, TN for $900 where my Aunt and Uncle just happened to be driving by that day on their way home from a winter in Florida.  I bought the dress without ever seeing it or trying it on in person.. and with no returns!  This is very unlike me!!!!

They get it home and it is absolutly perfect. 

The following week me and my bridesmaids attended a bridal show.  One of the bridal shops asked me if I had gotten my dress. She asked which one I had gotten and I told her.   She says ARE YOU THE LADY WHO HAS BEEN CALLING EVERYWHERE FOR THAT DRESS?  So, I have a  lot of people who were looking out for me for that dress!  She tells me she had lost my number but had someone return the exact dress I wanted in my size and they were selling it for................$450.

Yeah, I can't say that I am dissapointed because I got the perfect dress... but I do wish she wouldn't have lost my number and saved me hundreds of dollars! 

• I'm a Maggie Sottero bride too! And in their light gold color! So glad you were able to find your dress!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i still feel like that story had a happy ending. i'm really glad that you found it! 
  • Oh man! Well at least you found it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards