Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaids MIA

I have about 3 maids who Im having a hard time getting in contact with. I gave very detailed instructions on how to order the dress (email measurements to the shop, call to confirm the size and make a payment. Super easy, I thought). They havent yet reached out to the shop, or me, which is delaying everyone elses order. At this point, no one will recieve their dresses until about 2 weeks before the wedding, which I'm really nervous about. I also think it is unfair for those who did everything on time.
Ive texted, and called several times, and havent heard a peep. One maid did reply that she is too busy to talk over the next 4 days, and she would call me next week, which would push the delivery date even further back for everyone. I offered to send the info in for them if they provide it for me, but still... silence.
I dont know how to go about this, if it were one person I feel like I could deal with it better, but 3?

Re: Bridesmaids MIA

• Options
    I would be frustrated too  I think I would give them a "must order by" date (ask the salon for the absolute last date that the dresses can be ordered to allow time for alterations) and hope that your BMs follow through.  If not, you may have a few less BMs in your wedding party unfortunately.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would tell the salon to send ahead the rest of the order now, and then reach out to the rest with the deadline to get it in time via their preferred mode of communication. My deadline was next week, and two will be ordering next week. People tend to respect deadlines.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Tell the salon to go ahead and place the orders for the one's they have now.  They will probably tell you that their could be a chance that the dye lots won't match, blah, blah, blah.  Just ignore that statement because it isn't true.

For the girls who haven't provided their information, I would call (leave a voice mail if necessary) and email them with the final deadline for placing their order.  If they don't place their order by said deadline then they won't be in the wedding because they didn't fulfill their one and only duty.

• Options
    Just curious. Did you privately ask each bridesmaid her budget?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:949f6c4a-bab2-40b1-bff2-a67de57a3d24Post:23610969-6ab0-457b-ae27-31425fc307c9">Re: Bridesmaids MIA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell the salon to go ahead and place the orders for the one's they have now.  They will probably tell you that their could be a chance that the dye lots won't match, blah, blah, blah.  Just ignore that statement because it isn't true. For the girls who haven't provided their information, I would call (leave a voice mail if necessary) and email them with the final deadline for placing their order.  If they don't place their order by said deadline then they won't be in the wedding because they didn't fulfill their one and only duty.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this and also ditto the question the PP asked: did you ask each BM privately what her budget is?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Great advice - After talking with the shop, I was able to work out a must purchase by date, otherwise all of the orders will process through. When I initially sent the email out, I gave an approximate time to have it in by (which we now passed), but not an actual date. I didnt know that all orders were stalled until every person sent the information in (yikes Surprised)

I sent out an email before the search for the a dress,for the most comfortable budget for people to stay within. Only one person didnt reply with a budget, but she did support this dress when we were narrowing it down. If there is an unexpected personal financial problem, or any other issue, I have no clue.
  • Options
    Ditto Maggie.

The salon my daughter used for her bm dresses gave them the dye lot BS. One friend decided to join the wedding party after the others had already ordered their dresses. Her dress came in two months later. There was no discernable different in the color of her dress.

Tell the salon to submit the orders for the girls who have sent in their info. If the others don't order their dresses in time for the wedding, then they can be guests.

• Options
    I had to give my bridesmaids a "Must order by" date - I found it worked the best as my bms are spread across Canada and have very busy lives (two are fairly new nurses and were doing casual shifts). At the time we were still 5 months away and our salon gave us the dye lot BS.
    The dresses were finally ordered around valentine's day (a little over 4 months from the wedding - with an approximate delivery time of mid may).
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:949f6c4a-bab2-40b1-bff2-a67de57a3d24Post:23610969-6ab0-457b-ae27-31425fc307c9">Re: Bridesmaids MIA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell the salon to go ahead and place the orders for the one's they have now.  They will probably tell you that their could be a chance that the dye lots won't match, blah, blah, blah.  Just ignore that statement because it isn't true. For the girls who haven't provided their information, I would call (leave a voice mail if necessary) and email them with the final deadline for placing their order.  If they don't place their order by said deadline then they won't be in the wedding because they didn't fulfill their one and only duty.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
    This. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    HiyaTootsHiyaToots member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013

I always wondered if the dye lot reasoning was a myth, it seemed a little silly to me. The dress is from a small-ish, non-chain shop. It's a Lazaro dress, which I am not sure what is usual delivery time for that designer. I know David's Bridal stresses to purchase a dress the minute it is on you, but I have been a last minute bridesmaid and had a dress shipped to me with no additional charge the very next day after my consultation.

As of my last response, I got two down out of three! I have one maid who looks like she wont be ordering a dress anytime soon. Still hasnt called me back, or picked up my calls... but will hopefully figure that one out soon. I did inform the shop to submit the orders regardless. Great advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards