Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Honeymoon in New Orleans!

Hi ladies!  My FI and I are coming to NOLA in May for our honeymoon.  I was just wondering if y'all had any suggestions on fun romantic things to do while we are there.  I have been before and I love going on all the FQ tours, but my FI has never been so I want him to have a blast.  We are staying at the Prince Conti Hotel so we will be right in the middle of everything.  Thanks so much for any help!

Re: Honeymoon in New Orleans!

• Options
    We always have a meal at Commander's Palace when we are in town. Taking a ride on the streetcar is relaxing and the views are gorgeous. Feelings is a very romantic restaurant, especially if you can score a courtyard table. We always hit up Frenchmen St. and look for any good shows going on. City Park is really pretty too.
  • Options
    All great suggestions above!  I would definitely try to do the gondola ride in City Park if they are still offered.  You can also feed each other Italian Ice cream shop, Angelo Brocato's nearby. ;)  So good!   We like to hit up Brennan's late-night for authentic Banana's Foster.  Dinner at Muriel's, followed by exploring Jackson Square and a stroll along the riverwalk and/or ferry board ride are other ideas.  My FI and I commented on that riverwalk during a vaca before we were engaged how amazing it would be to get married in NOLA (we're from WI)....and we will be there in 5 weeks for our wedding celebration, so you never know what the romance can inspire! :)

You really just can't go wrong in that city - there is so much amazing...EVERYTHING, and you'll never get it all in, so you will not be in short supply of things to do!  Have a fantastic time!
  • Options
    The city hosts movies in the park now...I haven't ever been but I can find out what movies play there and how the atmosphere is....also in may they should have some fairs and festivals going on....hmmm ill think of some other things and get back with you lol
  • Options
    Thanks so muich ladies!!  I am writing all these things down so I will remember them when I am down there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards