Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Vendor Reviews!

The wedding has come and gone and it was amazing!! We had a venue change due to the weather literally 45 minutes before the rehearsal on Friday morning. All the vendors were so great with the last minute change and all were still on time for all deliveries with no confusion. The venue and all vendors did an amazing job of keeping me calm and stress free through that crazy TX rain. I gave all of them such high marks and they All truly deserved them! I had a blast at my wedding and so did the guests so in my book everyone did their job and did it well!! I would highly highly recommend ANY of my vendors.  

Day of Coordination – Amy Lacey A++++ plus a million more!  Where do I start?? Amy is phenomenal! She is very professional and organized, but on top of that she knows her stuff and I mean knows it! She made my rehearsal and day of a complete worry-free breeze, and completely took the stress out of both days. A near impossible feat for anyone since we had a venue change 45 MINUTES prior to the rehearsal due to the weather. She transformed the new venue that I had not planned the décor for to work as if it was made for that exact venue. She is AMAZING. The wedding party and guests loved her and she kept everyone on track. She went above and beyond and made our special day that much more complete and awesome because of her knowledge and expertise. Our wedding party, family and especially us were able to enjoy the party because Amy handled everything, we felt very lucky to have found her and know our day would not have gone so smoothly without her. She is just the best! She is a jack of all trades! 
 http://amylaceyweddings.weebly.com/index.html
832-248-2691
amylaceyweddings@hotmail.com 

Photography – FOSC Photography A++++++ 

Erica was AMAZING. She was on time and was super fun to work with, her personality is fun and light. She made everyone feel comfortable right from the start. She knew the shots she needed and was always in position to get the candid fun and romantic shots as well. The guests raved about how great she was and we thought so as well. We would 1,000% recommend Erica for her professionalism as well as her amazing rapport with her clients. She worked so well with the other vendors you would have never known they just met. She’s very knowledgeable on lighting and where to position herself to get really great memorable pictures. Erica was amazing with the kiddos in our wedding party too. We never felt overly posed or like we had a camera in our face. I can’t wait to hire her again for our family photos and other events! She even hopped in a did a bridemaids eye make and tied the perfect bow for me. All around wonderful photographer and we felt VERY lucky to have found her!  214-843-8404
http://www.foscphotography.com/
foscphoto@gmail.com 

Catering – CRO Catering A+++ 

I worked with Angela from CRO and she was super, the level of customer service right from the get go was impeccable and it stayed that way throughout the whole process. The staff the day of did not disappoint, they were professional and very attentive. The guests raved about the food and the service. We had a full dinner, cake cutting, and the bar catering by CRO the food was from Cool River in Las Colinas and was served hot and fresh like it had never even left the restaurant. They set up, served, and cleaned up after. The bartender and server were amazing. We couldn’t have asked for a better company to cater our wedding. They did an excellent job and we would recommend them to anyone and we will definitely be using them for all other event that we host.  
ASpurgeon@croinc.com
http://www.caterdallas.com/

Venue – Magnolia Terrace (BRAND NEW) A++++ infinity!! 

Corinne and Wayne of Magnolia Terrace in Frisco are AMAZING! We could not have had the wedding of our dreams without them. On top of being very professional, courteous and helpful they were over the top accommodating the entire time. Customer service was above and beyond our expectations! Anytime I needed to come see the venue or had a question Corinne was prompt with correspondence and made time to meet with me. They literally saved what would have been a very rain soaked wedding with some creativity and hard work on their part.  Magnolia Terrace is GORGEOUS! The grounds are impeccable and the venue is perfectly laid out. Our guests gushed about the venue. They have an outdoor ceremony location that is breathtaking and beautifully done, I had my heart set on an outdoor wedding and this location was sheer perfection, Wayne was moving chairs before guests arrived and I’m pretty sure he willed the rain to stop. There is also a covered patio should it rain that is very pretty option. The reception room has a great layout and had enough room for a great dance floor area and opens to the covered patio which we used for our cocktail hour area and also during the reception, there are a set of large glass doors that open up and make the indoor/outdoor space feel like one. The bridal area is upstairs with a private bathroom and has a very large mirror which was appreciated! The space has a large wood fence around it and it seems like you are in your own little world. Anyone would be lucky to get married here! The space will accommodate all different styles and wedding themes. We were the first wedding at Corinne and Wayne’s new location but no one would not have known it. Everything flowed seamlessly and effortlessly!  I would one million times recommend Magnolia Terrace in Frisco. It’s simply the best!! They have more pictures on their FB page since they recently opened the new venue. The pics are of my wedding! YAY!!  stonecreekterrace@sbcglobal.net
972-712-7696
http://www.themagnoliaterrace.com/ 

DJ Tommy Scott – A++++ 

Tommy was fantastic throughout the whole process. He was very prompt with correspondence and helpful. He was on time the day of and showed up with a big smile and ready to set up (even with a last minute venue change because of the weather). I sent him an email with some songs I would like and how I wanted to feel of the night to go and he NAILED IT with very little direction. I found out later the groom called him the day of and asked for a special song to be played and Tommy didn’t blink an eye at the request being hours before the wedding, he was very accommodating.  He played songs I didn’t know I wanted to hear but when they played I had to give him a high five for being so AWESOME! All the music was very fitting for each portion of the night, from the ceremony right down to the hours of dancing. He kept EVERYONE dancing all night and my guest raved about what a good time they had! He was very fun and professional and I would recommend him to anyone as well as use his services for any other events I have. He brought in the lighting set up which brought such a fun mood to the reception room and he added a light that had our names written on the wall that I thought was a very cool touch!! He is THE BEST!!
 info@djtommyscott.com
214-724-3165
www.djtommyscott.com/ 

Cakes(s) – Nothing Bundt Cakes – A++ 

Our cakes were from Nothing Bundt Cakes in Frisco. I spoke with Tara the manager and she was very responsive and great to work with. They delivered the cakes on time and they were the prefect temperature at serving time. They looked amazing on the table. We had five flavors and the guests thought it was great to choose which flavor they wanted. The cakes were excellent.  frisco@nothingbundtcakes.com
214-618-6030  

Flowers – Zoey’s Garden Flowers A+++ 

We did the reception flowers ourselves. The bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were done by Gladys Rodriquez of Zoey’s Garden Flowers (named after her daughter…awww). I met with her once at the wholesale flower shop in Dallas we went over the flowers I liked and the overall look and the result was nothing short of amazing! It’s like she crawled in my head and figured it out because I was sort of vague with what I wanted, I just couldn’t verbalize it but she REALLY got it. They fit perfectly with the theme and matched the dresses and suits beautifully not to mention all the flowers were gorgeous and fresh! She is very reasonable and delivers. Way above and beyond what I expected!!   http://zoeysgardenflowers.weebly.com/
zoeysgarden2010@gmail.com
214-454-5282 

Officiate – Love Notes A++ 

Larry Maughan was our officiate. When we met him he was very sweet and fit us really well. He did a great job with the ceremony and it was done very well. He added some fitting well placed humor and we were happy to be married by such a nice person.  http://www.lovenotesweddings.com/ 

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• Thanks for the reviews! And congrats! Post some pics I'd love to see how your big day looked: I called Amy a few months ago but she was already booked for my date sad day. Sounds like you had a fabulous wedding!
  • Thank you! I'm waiting on pics, can't wait to post! Sorry she wasn't available, hope you found someone great! :) Good luck on your wedding!!
  • Congratulations!  Looks like everything went well!

Did you have a professional do hair and makeup?  There's ALWAYS posts looking for people to do that!
    Anniversary

• tiffanygosstiffanygoss member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013

Thank you it was perfection!! I didnt mention hair and makeup but I did have them done.

Hair - Dry Bar Shops at Legacy

My hair looked great but I was charged $70 instead of $35 because I pulled a few strands up on one side to put a hair comb in (2 bobby pins were used) and that was considered an updo. not happy about that.

Make up- MAC at nordstroms Stonebriar.
    Wasn't thrilled with makeup, I asked for soft pretty wedding makeup and the person doing seemed to have his own picture of what i should look like. It didnt look bad I was just wearing way more than I wanted to.

• Congrats, Tiffany! It's great to see so many new (to me) vendors that did such a great job! Welcome to the OMH club! :)
    Anniversary
  • Thanks EJ!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards