April 2013 Weddings
Options

I did it. *sigh*

So, we had a lot of things go wrong with our wedding day, and they can all be traced back to our idiot wedding coordinator.  I have been working very hard on letting the little things go (not just with the wedding, but with life in general) but it has been 2 weeks and I just can't let certain things go.  I do have some great memories, but I honesty feel that he ruined a good portion of my wedding. 

After 2 weeks of asking others for advice and praying about it, I decided to write him an email (since he never returns phone calls) and ask for a partial refund for the airbrush makeup I paid for, and got regular makeup instead, and a partial refund because we paid for a narrated trolley tour of Savannah for our guests while we were taking photos (in lieu of cocktail hour since it was a morning wedding) and all they got was a ride around town - no narration at all.  I am going to work on letting everything else go - eventually - but I feel that since I paid for those 2 things and didn't get them, I should get at least part of my money back.

I feel bad.  I don't want to drag this out. I just want to put it behind me and work on reconciling the bad memories I have associated with our wedding day.  But at the same time, I wonder how many other brides he has taken money from (we're talking several thousand dollars here) only to give them rotten service.  If I hand over that much money, I expect to get what I paid for.  Am I wrong to ask for a partial refund?  I don't know.  I guess I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right thing or if I should have just let it go.  I mean, he has already been paid and he knows I won't fly down to Georgia to take him to court.  The worst I can do is file with the BBB - and even they can't force him to pay me back - and slam him on every internet site I can find.... but even that won't make me feel better in the end because it won't let me redo the biggest day of my life.  *sigh*
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: I did it. *sigh*

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, I would post horrible reviews about him everywhere- that's not being mean, that's just warning other brides so they don't get ripped off. And no, it's not bad you did this, I would have too! You paid for it, so it is very wrong that he didn't do what he was paid to do, the least you could do is e-mail. Is he self employed, or does he have a boss you can go to?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No, he is the owner of this company..... as well as 4 other wedding-related companies.  I just don't get it.  I did all this research and he gets GLOWING reviews.  He has an A+ with the BBB, with only 1 bad mark from 2011 but I can't figure out how to read that complaing.  Everyone seems to love him and have nothing but great things to say about him.  I don't know what went wrong.  The only thing I can think of is that because our wedding was so small (only 22 guests in all) that he didn't put much time/effort into it like he would have if we had a larger guest list.  My flowers were half dead, the makeup artist was an hour late, he gave our marriage license to the carriage driver - who dropped us off at the wrong place and made us walk to our reception venue in the rain, always took him 3 weeks to answer my emails, he never organized a seating of the mothers on the wedding day - they just had to sit wherever because there were guests sitting in the front rows, never told me who the officiant or musician would be until I asked 3 weeks before the wedding when I was doing my programs, never scheduled a rehearsal until a week before the wedding (when my MOH already had her plane ticket for later that day, causing her to miss the rehearsal) plus the makeup and trolley thing.  And when I turned to find him after the ceremony, he was already gone.  I stayed up half the night, debating on whether to tip him or not and decided not to - which is not like me because I tip EVERYONE even if they own their own business, but I'm glad I didn't tip him.  And I was all excited because he had coordinated Mandy Moore and Ryan Reynolds' wedding so I figured if he had done celebrity weddings, he could handle a small destination wedding.  Boy, was I wrong!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Wow, yah, I would still write your review. At least people can see that.. but seriously, write all that out in reviews! Write all that out in an email to him if he never responds. At least you'd feel better letting him know how you feel, even if nothing can be done. And good thing you didn't tip him!! He coordinated Ryan Reynolds wedding? You mean with Blake Lively? That's crazy.. yeah, I'd still do your review, but make sure it sounds fair and not whiny so people listen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Email him. Get your refund, that's ridiculous that he dropped the ball so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards