Georgia-Atlanta

Gown Alteration suggestions?

Any suggestions for quality, attentive and affordable wedding gown alterations around Midtown or Buckhead areas? Hard to know who to trust with such a major part of the wedding - my gown!! Also, any tips on questions I should ask or how to decide with seamstress to use?
THANKS!

Re: Gown Alteration suggestions?

• Lace Alterations.  On RoswelL Rd in Sandy Springs, a bit farther north but they do great work and are relatively speaking less expensive.  My dress looks wonderful, they made me feel special but were also quick. They even embroidered my wedding date on a piece of silk and sewed it into my bodice for my something blue :)   I live in north Buckhead and they are just past Abernathy, and only took me about 15 min to drive up Roswell Rd.  Two big thumbs up!
    http://www.lacealterations.com/
  • Dora baker bridal alterations, worth looking up reviews in kudzu.com
  • I second Dora Baker. She is in Lawrenceville, so a little further than you were wanting, but worth it IMO. She is very good and straight to the point. I have used her for 2 BM dresses since she did my wedding dress last April. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards