Second Weddings
Options

Sharing my DIY stuff here, hope thats ok :)

I know most of you here will appreciate this, ...I feel like us 2nd timers def bring a different element to the wedding planning table, especially when we are on a budget (which I know most of us are or were for our wedding ;)  )

I've gotten pretty much everything done outside of a few of the ceremony details, deciding on my hairstyle, and choosing ceremony music (oh and writing vows).  We are moving this coming weekend, so I had a bigger time crunch than originaly anticipated but FI pitched in and we have gotten a bunch done.  Here are my DIY projects, oh and one of me in the dress second fitting (please ignore the pins/bunchiness around the top of the skirt as it is mid alterations), not wearing the crystal belt for ceremony btw ;)

our card box: (vintage rock and roll theme with a few geeky things thrown in there)

our cake toppers (will have a marquee style sign above it that says DC Wonder Woman marries Marvel Captian America staring Chad & Christie)

the centerpieces for reception, these were a big pain in the rear at first , FI was drilling the bottles outside in the cold, breaking them :( a friend came over to help add WATER lol after that they went a lot quicker

bridesmaids bouquets

thats it lol I do have our sign in thumb print pic that is almost done, and a few things for the pews for the ceremony (will take me 15 minutes tops the morning of). I've really enjoyed myself, I love making things and all of this has been a labor of love, thank you for letting me share :)

Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: Sharing my DIY stuff here, hope thats ok :)

• Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_sharing-my-diy-stuff-here-hope-thats-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:1685f743-5fc1-4997-8e0b-aa960e54830dPost:2723f7a2-9560-41c1-905b-005da7ebd44f">Re: Sharing my DIY stuff here, hope thats ok :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are sexy, beautiful and one hot mama in that lovely dress!!!!! Of course it's okay for you to post those pics here! We love it when brides post their DIY stuff!  Thanks so much for sharing! Congrats on your upcoming nuptials, and more, more, more.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! :) thats very sweet of you to say, i'm so excited for the big day its almost here!!</div>
  • Options
    LOVE your dress! You look amazing in it!

I also love and appreciate all your DIY stuff. I did a ton of stuff for our wedding and had a blast doing it all.

Good luck with your move, and the remaining plans/completion of DIY.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_sharing-my-diy-stuff-here-hope-thats-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:1685f743-5fc1-4997-8e0b-aa960e54830dPost:31531c84-b7db-4bbf-a12c-ba8a88b79ba2">Re: Sharing my DIY stuff here, hope thats ok :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE your dress! You look amazing in it! I also love and appreciate all your DIY stuff. I did a ton of stuff for our wedding and had a blast doing it all. Good luck with your move, and the remaining plans/completion of DIY.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Aw thank you!! :)  I know...I love DIY, I've been a little bummed over the move because it severely cut into my DIY time. But at the end of the day...Im trying to realize that not every detail has to be tended too to have an amazing day lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>Moving day is Sunday and it looks like its at least supposed to be sunny :)</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress!!! :-)  Great work on the DIY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards