May 2013 Weddings

hi:)

Hello fellow May brides! I am a lurker mostly, I don't post much. I am getting married to my dream man on May 26th (47 days!). Anyways, I have a question. I am going for my first fitting on Saturday and my dress was a little too big when I got it (it was a sample). I have since lost about 10 pounds in what I would say was pure fat because of the inches and exercising/healthy eating I have been doing.  If I was to lose more after this fitting, will they charge me more to take it in further? Or does It not matter?  I certainly woulld love to keep the momentum and lose 5-10 more if I could (but if I didn't that is ok too),

Re: hi:)

• If this is just your first fitting, you'll likely have at least one more. I have my 2nd (last) fitting this Saturday. I lost weight from when my dress first came in to my first fitting and I've lost weight since my first fitting as well. That's why you have multiple :)

• I just had my first fitting yesterday. My dress seems to have a 5 pound give, either way. So I feel like I could lose or gain a few pounds and it would still fit right. Ask the person making your alterations and see what he/she says. With multiple fittings, I am sure they could size it each time. Not sure if this is helpful at all! Hope it is.
  • I am getting married the same day May 26th :) I bought my dress in February 2012 and had my first fitting February 21 and by then I had lost about 12 pounds but it didn't make a lot of difference it's a corset back so she pulled it in tighter than when I first bought my dress. I had my second fitting last night (I had lost an additional 5 pounds since February) and that still didn't make much difference.   I am hoping by my final fitting May 9th it will be just perfect! Each time I put it on it seems more and more real :)
  • How great...I too will get married on May 26th!

I bought my dress at Saks 5th (website) and was totally surprised that is fit just fine.
    I have to hem it, but that should be it.

I did try it on last saturday and still love the way it looks...I could afford to lose a few lbs around the tummy area...been working on it forever it seems.
  • thanks ladies:)  Its almost our month!!!
  • Yay, i'm also the 26th, and also getting first fitting done this weekend!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards