Chit Chat

Short week for others?

I realized mid way through Monday that I had Friday off. The week has become more tolerable...tomrorow is like...Friday. Whatever will I do with this extra day?!
image   imageimage
You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Short week for others?

• Sleep in!!  I lose the Friday, since this week is spring break for me.  Normally I'd get this week plus 2 days for Easter later in April, but we're out of luck this year.  :(

• I don't really get a day off.  I work my own hours, so I can take it off if I want, but then I don't get paid. 

We have the Sweet 16 in town and DH is swamped at work (one of the teams is at his place).  Add in Easter.  Well, I will not see really see him until when I got to Easter Brunch at his place on Sunday.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • No day off for me.  Boooo!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    I have Friday and Monday off. Tomorrow, too, actually, since the kid I tutor had no homework today.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I work at a church so it is pretty much the busiest week ever, other than Christmas. Our new apartment will be ready for move-in this weekend, which is horrible timing, but we'll figure it out.
  • I have off Friday.  I'm sick with a cold but I'm hoping to be better by then.  I'm supposed to meet my mom for lunch it will be the first time seeing her since the engagement. 

Anniversary

• Dh and I are off.  Woo hoo.  I'll be hitting the gym and doing some homework.  
  • You could give me your day off... I is so sad to be working.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Aw. I'm sorry for those that don't have it off. My assistant laughed at me when I asked her what I should do earlier. She said, "You're going to work, I know you". Which is probably true as I'm a workaholic...but I will work significantly less at least.  If not work work, I'll probably be doing homework for school.

I don't know anyone who has it off though, and I live in the middle of nowhere...so I might make a trek to this Pottery place that i like. I made a Kermit Plate and last time, I made some fused glass jewelry which came out so awesome. I was so proud of myself.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I'm off. I'm self employed so its a pay hit, but I really really need a day off. I will be cleaning my house in preparation for hosting Easter dinner on Sunday and studying for my exam. I like to live dangerously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I'm off Tuesday through Sunday this week on spring break!  I spent yesterday finishing my grading for the term and meeting with my advisor for my master's program.  Today, I cleaned the house and my car and we had dinner with some friends.  Tomorrow, I'll probably spend most of the day lesson planning for next term.  Friday through Sunday we'll be visiting my family for Easter and to celebrate both my sister's birthday (Friday) and my birthday (Sunday)!
  • ooh Happy Early Birthday!
    image   imageimage

• Not off :( I make my own hours, so I could take off but it would be unpaid unless I use up some of my vacation. Which I don't want to do. I know that FI doesn't have off either. Still busy season...
  • We had a surprise snow day Monday, a half day tomorrow (half day for kids and full day for us) and Friday off. Plus next week is spring break, so after tomorrow, I have no work until April 8 :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_short-week-for-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6f06e3b8-da23-4e21-8562-1581ad0242bdPost:82267fff-08b6-4fcd-8787-fd4324b3fbce">Re: Short week for others?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooh Happy Early Birthday!
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!</div>
  • I have never heard of people having Good Friday off, unless it was part of spring break. I am jealous. Although my boss has been out this whole week (his kids' spring break) so maybe I'll just give myself the day off. Hmm...
  • I think it's a CT thing. I live in NH but work for a company in CT and it seems that CT shuts down normally in the way that MA shuts down for Patriot's Day.
    image   imageimage

• I'm about to leave school in 20 min (half day today) and I have off all next week for spring break. I'm not doing anything and it's going to be fantastic. 
  • SM - does the Easter Bunny make it up to you at least on Sunday?
    image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards