Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding gift ideas for the bride from groom!

I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out what I would want for a wedding gift from my future groom. What are some things you've got, or asked for?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gift ideas for the bride from groom!

• I think it should be up to him to decide. I don't see this as like a birthday or Christmas gift where you create some kind of wish list. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • He gave me a collection of fairy tales (weird, I know). I'm a big fairy tale buff, and he gave me Andrew Lang's Fairy Book series, which I loved.

No offense, but I agree that it's a bit odd to ask for anything.
  • I think the ideas should come from him. And if he DOES ask you for ideas, I find it weird that you're asking strangers on the Internet what you want. Wouldn't you know what types of things you like?

FWIW, H and I Just exchanged cards on the wedding day. We had already spent a lot of money towards the wedding and HM that we didn't feel another gift was necessary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Are you exchanging rings?  If not, what about a piece of simple jewelry that you will wear frequently (simple necklace or bracelet in your preferred metal) as a reminder of your wedding day?  If you are exchanging rings, what about engraving them?  DH and I had our initials (DH to ME or ME to DH) and our wedding date engraved inside our wedding bands.  
  • A tiara! Smile
    Any fool can make a rule,and any fool will mind it. ~Thoreau photo specialdaygif_zpsac5730d3.gif
  • Our rings are our gifts - we decided to roll the gift budget into our ring budget so we were able to each get what we really wanted instead of compromising.  Frankly, we are so snowed under by gifts from other people (which is really fun, not saying it's not!) that exchanging gifts between each other would have been a little less special, KWIM?  They would have been 2 more items in the pile.

Also?  If you decide to do gifts, let it be his choice.  I think it's weird that 1) you are telling him what to buy you and 2) you are asking strangers on the internet for advice on this when we don't know you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I talked about whether we'd be getting each other gifts or not. We decided we will but haven't talked budget. FI knows me well enough to get me something I'll like and I know FI well enough that a bottle of his favorite whiskey will go over really well. This really isn't something you should ask strangers for ideas and it kind of takes away the special if you give a wish list, imo.
  • There are many gift options that can be chosen for the groom. If he is interested in playing games then you can go for PS3. Otherwise some small piece of jewelry, cufflinks, watches, books, couple coffee mug, bath coat, Decanter Gift set are always welcomed by men.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-ideas-for-the-bride-from-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:2143175b-1e25-4338-8d42-76ef369f952dPost:b5e2e4fe-2173-4368-a032-1771ce9443d7">Re: Wedding gift ideas for the bride from groom!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are many gift options that can be chosen for the groom. If he is interested in playing games then you can go for PS3. Otherwise some small piece of jewelry, cufflinks, watches, books, couple coffee mug, bath coat, Decanter Gift set are always welcomed by men.
    Posted by aprilpeter12[/QUOTE]
    She's not asking for ideas for him. She's asking what she should ask him to get HER. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    DH asked what I wanted. I told him I'd like something meaningful I could borrow to any of our nieces, future daughters/granddaughters for their wedding days should they ask me.

He purchased a very simple white gold and diamond necklace.

I think it will be great to have a piece of jewelry to start a tradtion with besides it just being awesome to wear on a daily basis!
  • H got my a the second band for my rings. I knew he got them and he just really wanted to get it for me. I didn't ask for anything. For him, I got him an iPod. He never asked for anything but he was heartbroken that his had died and it just worked out that we were getting married so i made that his gift.

Other than that, don't ask for anything. The man is marrying you! What more could you want!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards