Wedding Party
Options

Opinion - MOH Gift

I'm only having a Matron of Honor...so as her gift, I'm thinking of getting her a weekender bag on rollers...black/white (her favorite colors).  She does a lot of traveling... I've also though of monograming the bag. 
Would this be something you would purchase/like to receive as a gift?
After reading many of previous posts it seems wedding related items aren't always the nicest things to gift: example jewerly etc...

What do you think?

Re: Opinion - MOH Gift

• Options
    Depends. You say she does a lot of travelling, so that makes me vote yes. However, luggage is often a personal thing. I don't think I would want someone picking mine out for me. As for monogramming, not everybody likes that, so that would be a question of how she feels about monogramming. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think it's a cool idea, but I'd probably skip the monogramming. I have some friends that are really safety conscious about that kind of thing and I sort of understand. But getting a luggage tag with her initials or something may be an option because she can take it if if she's uncomfortable and still use the bag.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    DH & I travel a lot. I'm a luggage snob. So I like one brand, one style, and have used them for years.

If you know she likes all different kinds of bags, go for it. I would make sure you know that it's at least a brand she has used/liked in the past.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks so much for your input.  I changed the monogram to just a tag instead of the actual bag.  That does make total sense!!

She does have several different brands, so she isn't brand-loyal.  This is a pretty nice, higher-end bag...not cheapy!  Hopefully she will like it! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards