Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

MOB Dress bummer.....help

I found and ordered a MOB dress I really like, complements but doesn't "match" the wedding party, all in all pretty darn happy.  But then my mother (grandmother of the bride) ordered a dress very similar in color and style to mine.  I know she likes the dress, and I don't want to offend her because I know that she's special....but I can't help but be a little bummed.  So, what do I do?  Should I change my dress, or just roll with it?  My daughter says yes, they are really alike, but I am the mom, so I should keep the one I like.  I just don't want for anything to look "funny"....I guess I just want it all to be just right, too.

Advice??

Re: MOB Dress bummer.....help

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Contrary to popular belief, no one will notice. The focus will and should be on your daughter, the bride! Wear what you feel good in.
  • Options
    When my daughter married, she was a bit upset when she saw the choice of dress her MIL chose.  According to many people, the dress was very similar to mine.  Some even felt it was done deliberately, as MIL had seen photos of my dress prior to her shopping trip.

I loved the dress I had selected, and that is no easy feat!  It was a non-issue for me, and I encourage you to keep the dress you have chosen if you love it.
  • Options
    Keep the dress you bought and feel good in. No biggie that you and grandma will look similar. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you love it, keep it. Don't worry about what anyone else is wearing.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Definitely keep it. My MIL and her mother wore the same color and the only time anyone noticed was in a photo the photographer took. Even when they were standing next to each other it was completely fine. It's so hard to find an MOB dress... Stick with the one you love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards