Registry and Gift Forum

multiple registries, multiple repeats?

My fiance and I are registered at BBB and we decided to also register at Kohls since it's the only department-like store close to his hometown. It took so much time and effort with our first registry and we had help from a very helpful employee. We began a registry at Kohls (like 7 items), and unfortunately we didn't have the help we had at BBB and we're not sure what to register for. I feel like we got everything we would like on the BBB registry. Should we put a lot of repeats and then return if we get multiples? What did those of you who have multiple registries do? I would be fine keeping just BBB but those who are from my fiance's hometown would have to drive a long distance or order online and I wanted to be considerate for his side of the family.

Re: multiple registries, multiple repeats?

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_multiple-registries-multiple-repeats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:854c3a1b-7318-4022-bea8-97d5ef3cfdefPost:3345e130-19d4-4bb6-88a3-5da42c638df8">multiple registries, multiple repeats?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are registered at BBB and we decided to also register at Kohls since it's the only department-like store close to his hometown. It took so much time and effort with our first registry and we had help from a very helpful employee. We began a registry at Kohls (like 7 items), and unfortunately we didn't have the help we had at BBB and we're not sure what to register for. I feel like we got everything we would like on the BBB registry. Should we put a lot of repeats and then return if we get multiples? What did those of you who have multiple registries do? I would be fine keeping just BBB but those who are from my fiance's hometown would have to drive a long distance or order online and I wanted to be considerate for his side of the family.
    Posted by DianaMick1215[/QUOTE]

<div>I would not have multiples.  As a guest, I would be embarrassed if you opened a gift from one person and then opened the same thing from me later.  I'd then be ticked off if I found out you put the item on there twice.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, as a guest, I usually check out all the registries to determine what I'm going to buy.  If I saw multiples,  I'd probably then buy something not on your registry from a completely different store.  Why would I want to buy a gift that I knew you were going to return?</div>
  • I wouldn't duplicate, however if you have things like dishes, glassware sets, etc where you are requesting multiple sets, like 12 sets of a china setting, I think it's fine to put 6 on BBB and 6 on Kohls. Or put the blue towel set on BBB and the green towel set on Kohls, etc. But I wouldn't put a Kitchen Aid mixer on each registry, a vacuum, etc. If both stores sell the same item, you can just make sure you divide the list up between the stores, making sure there are a variety of price points at each one. 
  • I wouldn't add duplicates on the registries. As a guest I would look at both registries and wonder why it is on there twice and not even want to get something that may be a duplicate. I registered at BBB and Pottery Barn. I put a duvet cover and sheet set from each, but they are different patterns/ weights for different seasons. I also registered for some monogrammed items at Pottery Barn that you can't get at BBB. Take a look through the websites of both stores and I am sure you can find some items that are different that you would like from each. Kohls seems to have nbce bedding and bath to choose from
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I began looking for items I have on the BBB registry at Kohls and trying to add them there and deleting them off of BBBs to even it out a bit. For a couple items, like the vacuum and iron, they were $20-$25 cheaper at BBB. Should I just keep those items on the BBB registry?
  • Honestly, if its that small of a difference, I dont think it really matters which registry you put it on. Have you thought about using the Kohls registry for stuff like home decor? I love all the different frames and such they have there. Most of the things on my BBB registry are small appliances. Also, you can register for different brands of the same things at two different places. I have towels on 2/3 of mine. They are all different brands and colors. I also have one set of sheets on all 3 of them. Again, all different brands & colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2013
    We did the same thing.  BBB and Kohls had a lot of complementary items, so we just picked certain items for each.  BBB has our china, wine glasses, kitchen items (pots/pans, cooking utensils, etc) and bathroom items, etc while Kohls has our decorative stuff, everyday dishes, bedding, towels, sheets, luggage, etc.  We picked things from each place but also things that would mix and match well.  If I found something I liked better at Kohls, I went back to my BBB registry and deleted a similar item. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards