Snarky Brides

I'm such a wimp now

So I feel like spring is officially here. We got crazy thunderstorms last night, like shake the house thunderstorms. And FI is away. I will admit I had a couple of minutes of worrying that the power would go out and the flashlights were in the basement. Being coupled has made me such a wimp! When I lived alone, I would've had no problems with being home alone.

Has your relationship made you at all wimpy?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm such a wimp now

• FI is such a bed hog I actually sleep less interrupted when he's not there :) It is harder to fall asleep though. We had bad storms Sunday night....kept us both us! At least it's a sign Summer is coming!!

I have found to be quite whimpy now when it comes to bugs, spiders, etc. That is why I've only been in our basement about 3 times since moving in over 7 months ago. If I need to get something out of storage, that's his job!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Me too!

I've always been afraid of the dark.  Now, if it's nighttime and we're upstairs, I won't go down there alone.  I never liked to before, but dealt with it.  Now, I refuse.

I get my FI to carry all the "heavy" things.  Things I could manage if I was alone, but ask him to do/help me with anyway.  He likes being needed, but I have to keep it in check!  There's a point where I say to myself "Come on, what would you do if he wasn't here?  Stop being ridiculous!"

It's much harder for me to sleep at night.  I like having more room, but I'm more anxious-especially during t-storms or heavy wind!

Edited for careless mistakes :)
  • I've turned that way too. I don't fall asleep nearly as well when I know that H isn't is home. And when I used to house-sit for my parents when they went away (and took care of the cat), I would hate staying at their house (even though I grew up there) all by my lonesome, even with an alarm system. Hearing noises in the night sometimes send my anxiety through the roof. 

It's so beautiful today! This morning it was 60 degrees and the high for the day is almost 80. 

Today is FREE CONE DAY (!!!!) at Ben & Jerry's! H and I have a date to eat dinner at one of our favorite healthy chain restaurants, Muscle Maker Grille, and then go to Ben & Jerry's for dessert. It should be extra nice because of the lovely weather. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wouldn't say I am wimpy, but I am a tad helpless. I bought a bookshelf that needs to be put together, and it has different hardware than any others I have put together and seems "complicated." So I put it back in the box and said, "Meh. Jimmy can do this when he gets home again." Sad. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Im a huge wimp now too. I never was scared of thunderstorms, until after I moved in with him. On the flip side, I am now more of a handy-woman than ever. FI doesnt even attempt to fix anything. Lol. Im the one who hung up everything on the walls, hooked up the washer and dryer, fixed the leaky faucet and I clean out all the drains all the time. Im not even sure he knows how to use a power drill?

I have to go run some errands for my mom today while she is at work, and then I am going to clean my house. FI has off on Tuesday & Wednesdays, so we pick one of those two days to do our weekly "super cleaning" (my term for a really good, deep cleaning). Its easier when we do it together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I could probably fix many things if I wanted to, but I'll definitely admit to getting lazy since H does most of those for me. Also, he likes doing them and feels helpful to do so. 

I'm looking forward to the day when we're finally able to get a great dane. Then I can keep him by my side when H isn't home and I won't feel as bad if I have a partner in crime to be a couch potato with. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm like that too. I was pretty handy and fairly good at figuring out computer stuff before we moved in together, but now FI does it all and I let him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  I've totally downgraded my awesomeness rating since getting a H.  I used to mow the lawn, but now even if he's away, I'm like "well, nothing to do but let it grow."  He does still have to chase me off of doing 'manly' heavy work though.  My pride can't handle that my back injury has devolved me to being a 90 year old, lifting-wise.

I am like you, though, Sierra.  I was raised by two people who practically live to fix things, so I'm the handyperson in the house.  My poor H is clueless and always defaults to "call a professional."  or "get a pre-made kit".  Just two weeks ago, I pushed the poor guy into foregoing a pre-made raised garden bed kit, and just going over to the serious side of Home Depot.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    When I'm by myself I get really lazy when it comes to cooking.  Since I have been OOT I haven't made a meal more complicated than pasta roni.  My Dad is riduculously handy so I've gotten some of that from him.  FI is fairly handy as well.  He is much better at computer stuff though.
  • FI handles all the critters and bugs in the house. I took care of it myself before we were together but with him it's a lot less screaming and air freshener. 

I have a hard time now sleeping when he's not there. He's a big cuddler and loves to keep his arm or at least his leg on me. It annoyed me in the beginning but now when he's not there I hug his pillow when I sleep. 

He's not super handy but if there's something that needs to be fixed in the house he takes the time to figure it out. The other day I lifted the toilet lid and it broke clean off! I called FI, he came home with a new toilet seat. After 20 minutes he had it figured out and replaced. 
  • I would not say that it has made me awimp per say but it has made me recognize my limitations that I have as it is and more conscious of them. Granted I have been dealing with health issues but they are getting solved and if it were not for my FI and my mother I would not have known about  them and just kept on doing what it was that I was doing and ignoring it all together. The main complaint that I have about my FI is that he is a bed hog and that he cannot cook to save his life lol  Tongue Out
  • edited April 2013
    Eh.  In our relationship, I'm the bug killer.  For sure.  My fiance freaked out a few weeks ago by ants in the kitchen on the floor.  We're fifty-fifty when it comes to building furniture from IKEA, and I'm definitely the one who is more comfortable understanding home repair/improvement, but my fiance does the stuff that requires ladders.  This comes from his having been raised by apartment dwellers and people with the means to hire repair people vs. me having been raised by hippy lesbians on a limited income who taught my sister and I that we could do anything and we didn't need men etc. etc.. 

But, my sister always calls me a wimp because, compared to her I am. HAHA

P.S. my cat *should* be the bug killer, but she was also raised an apartment dweller.
  • My fiance does everything for me, lol! I'm so spoiled now! X3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards