Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

He popped the question!!!

After being together for 5 years, a baby and a house - he finally proposed!! I am soo excited! Now the big debate is Local wedding vs destination wedding. 

Re: He popped the question!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!

Definitely weigh the pros and cons of DW vs. local with your FI. DWs are not always cheaper like some people suggest. You only get one wedding so make sure it's one you and your FI are going to love Smile

Happy planning!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congratulations! How did he propose?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I guess he was trying to decide when the right time would be - I was having a bad week last week so he said let the kids go to the grandparents and we go on a date. I was like ok fine. We were getting ready to leave the house and I kinda wasn't in the greastest mood. We were debating on where to grab dinner and he threw this in the conversation "will you stop wearing your claddagh ring?' First off that threw me through a loop because it was just randomly thrown in the conversation. I was like Wait, what?! Why would I take my claddagh off, I never take it off. He pulls out the ring and said because will you start wearing this? And asked if I would marry him - of course I said yes!!! 
  • Options
    That's sweet! What a surprise that must have been. Congratulations again! :)
  • Options
    Very sweet. Congrats :) For what it's worth, we planned our wedding locally, even though it meant both our families had to travel (we cleared it with them before of course), because I couldn't face planning something long distance. I like to be able to see all the details and meet with people in person.
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    The day after I got engaged I called genevieve bergeron for my engagement photos and went from there! everything else fell into place! happy planning!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I personally am very biased towards local weddings, because they're much cheaper and more people will be able to attend. Plus, the honeymoon is the vacation part. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <span><p dir="ltr" align="left">Hello and congratulations on your recent engagement! I am sure you are very excited but a little overwhelmed to begin the planning process for your big day. I wanted to introduce myself as the Sales Manager at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse by Marriott. We provide top of the line hotel accommodations while also offering all the comforts of home for your guests to best enjoy your busy weekend. Located in the North Arlington neighborhood of Courthouse, we are close to the vibrant restaurant, bar and shopping scene of Clarendon as well just a short distance from some of Arlington’s most popular event venues. I would love to have you the hotel for a tour so that you can see the accommodations that we can offer for your out-of-town guests during your event weekend. For more information please contact me at (703) 312-2103 or <a href="mailto:Claire.sussman@riacva.com" rel="nofollow"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><span><u><font color="#0000ff">Claire.sussman@riacva.com</font></u></span></font></font></a><font face="Calibri" size="3"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><span> or visit our website: </span></font></font><a href="http://www.marriott.com/wasca" rel="nofollow"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><span><u><font color="#0000ff">www.marriott.com/wasca</font></u></span></font></font></a><font face="Calibri" size="3"><font face="Calibri" size="3"><span>. </span></font></font></p></span>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_he-popped-the-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:628a3a9f-0aaf-4e4e-a418-c43c2f544f94Post:655908c0-1433-4a72-80f2-e763166a1a9d">He popped the question!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]After being together for 5 years, a baby and a house - he finally proposed!! I am soo excited! Now the big debate is Local wedding vs destination wedding. 
    Posted by ecrowe1218[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards