Getting in Shape

How to find time?!

Hello! 
I used to be very good with working out.  I have less than 3 months to go before the wedding (eek!!)  But, I just can't seem to find the time to workout anymore.  I feel like there is always something to do with planning after work and I can't find time to workout anymore.  How do you find the time to do both?  

Re: How to find time?!

• You don't find time, you MAKE time.

Schedule it out just like you would anything else and just do it. If you're not finding time, it's because you're making excuses for why it isn't a priority. 

Find out what works best for your schedule (fitting it in in the morning, at lunch or after work) and then just make it part of your routine. I go after work most days of the week...I pack my gym bag and take it with me to work and then go right to the gym after work. It's out of the way and I'm home at a decent enough time to make dinner.
  • Do you use a google calendar? I just plug ALL my activities in there.Can you make working out a part of wedding planning? I've used the google cal to plug in everything from dance lessons to actually finding time to practice our dance, when we are working on our seating chart etc.  a 30 minute lunch break walk counts, taking the stairs instead of the elevator helps.
  • I am in a similar situation - wedding planning and house hunting! I find it really difficult to make the time, and I have good weeks and bad weeks. I signed up for a Zumba class with my friend that I ALWAYS go to once a week, so if nothing else there's that - we help each other stay accountable. Saturday and Sunday mornings seem to work well too. 

For those who work out at work - do you bring clothes or just do light cardio in your work clothes? We have a gym and while I like the idea of doing it at lunch, I feel like I will get to sweaty and don't feel like I want to mess with showering and getting ready all over again.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Thank you everyone!! I will MAKE time to work out.  This is just what I needed to hear to get my butt in gear :)  I think I will go the old fashioned route and put a calendar on my fridge to mark off workout days like I do for training for a run.  I think I will get on the accountability thread as well :)  Thanks, you all are the best!!
  • i'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong; working out is scheduled, and wedding planning happens later in the evening, after supper is done, chores are finished and usually DD is in bed.

Now I'm feeling like I don't have enough planning going on ...

Seriously though, listen to these wise women. Schedule workouts the same way that you schedule a cake tasting or dress fitting - mark it down and DO IT!!! My FI and DD know it's 'me' time and they generally leave me alone. For me, working out in the evenings is best, and I make it work. I look at my week's schedule and know when I have another committment THAT becomes my rest day. I build my schedule around those days.

Make it a habit - not something that will stop once the wedding is over. Hang out here - there are a lot of smart ladies here (and they let me hang out with them!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here’s a suggestion: (If you work) Ask your supervisor if you can come in 10 mins earlier so you can leave 10 mins earlier to avoid leaving when everyone is leaving – by doing so you will avoid "rush hour" traffic. (If you don’t work) Begin your day 10 mins earlier so you can be done with what you need to be done with 10 mins earlier. This will allow you to get to the gym quicker and begin working out sooner to finish sooner.
     Also, pack some gym clothes and put it in your car. This allows you to be ready to workout anywhere-wherever-when-you-have-the-time. No excuse? J
     I have exactly 60 days before my wedding – I’m stress and I have so many things to do, but I find that working out actually help me cope with the stress. GL.
  • I make time to work out. FI usually works late, so I have a lot of time to myself. So, before making dinner and cleaning and job hunting, I'll do yoga or run 2 miles. I'm not a morning work-out person, so I don't even try that. FInd a time that works best for you and shift your schedule around.
  • I find wedding planning isn't a constant thing. It's something I maybe do every few days. If I need to order something, then I do it, and that's it. It's mostly just waiting around for the stuff to arrive.

So as PP's said, Make time!
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards