Nevada-Las Vegas

My Dark Cloud....

I've received all RSVP's back but from one...MY COUSIN. My RSVP date is April 18th and I feel this is my stress and the dark cloud that is looming over me. So let me start by what has happened so maybe you can advise on what my next step should be with her annoying #ss LOL A little history about her is she is all talk and no action. EVER. Always flakes. She gets sick, someone dies etc and I personally hate bs. Keep it real. Is it that difficult?? So when I was planning the wedding, knowing the flake that she is, I had a good talk with her asking if she will come to the wedding and she told me 'I can't believe you would think I would miss that and not go'! Fast forward to December. She sends me a text asking what my kids want for Christmas because in her words 'she's trying to be a better aunt this year' So I tell her and she says 'DONE'. Well come Christmas surprise surprise she's sick and no gifts. Tells me Santa will have to come in two weeks. That comes and passes and she texts me this glamour shot of herself then this big text of how she's so so sick. So I didn't respond until 2 days later saying 'I just seen your text, hope you feel better'. Haven't heard from her since. In February I sent her a text telling her off basically that she always plays her disappearing games when it's time to own up and did she really think I expected her to come through and that if she doesn't come to my wedding I'm done with her. No response. I still mailed her an invitation because she is the only family I have besides my sister and I want her there. I know she got the invite and to me, that would have been her opportunity to text me to say I received your invite yada yada but nothing and I really don't feel I should have to kiss her #ss seeing she's the one that's a bs'er. What should I do???

Re: My Dark Cloud....

• Sugar RushSugar Rush member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I would probably leave it alone too.  OR if you want to open the door, maybe send her a text and say something to the extent of "I mailed out our invitations, let me know if you haven't received it yet.  I cant believe the wedding is right around the corner, I really hope you can come".... or something to that extent.  Given that your last exchange wasnt pleasant, maybe taking the approach of "im hurt but your still really important to me" can be less intimading for her and make her more likely to want to come and participate, rather than be afraid to answer... you know?  I dont blame you for going off on her because sometimes people need reality checks! 
  • I would not say anything wait till the rsvp date is due.  if still nothing after that date call her and say hey I need an answer are u coming or not.  I have to give a head count.  :) well be nicer than way I put it but that's the gist. lol if she doesn't answer tell her well since i don't have answer im sorry im assuming you aren't or cant come :) be sorry to miss you
  • I agree with southerncutie =)  
    you sent the invitation and now it is her job to contact you and if she doesn't call her one last time. i have a couple family flakes too and if they do not make my big day after us giving them 8 months notice plus trying to arrange ways for them to stay on budget with carpooling, booking suites to share on expenses etc. then they are out for good!!! (unless something happens in the long future, im SICK of there BS and excuses too)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our RSVP date was March 1 and we're still missing 24 people. I feel you! We've had to start telling people that if we don't have an answer by April 1 we have to count them out. It sucks but we will not have the ability to set up additional tables for extra people.
  • I would leave it alone for sure and let the chips fall where they may....My bridesmaid was the same way. Until the day before my wedding I had no idea she was even coming to Vegas. She never RSVP'd or anything. Finally the day before she sent me a text saying I'm at the airport in Philly getting ready to fly out. I took it as BS because she kept me in the dark for months whether she would show up. Low and behold 4:45 that evening she was at my room and ready to do everything I needed for her to do as my BM.
    Moral of the story, don't allow it to stress you out, it's not worth it in the end. Let it happen as it is meant to be. If she shows up consider it a nice, blessed surprise.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    FAB... yes.. I have a friend like that... and she was actually the FIRST to send back her RSVP... but in my mind.... when I see it I will believe it... She never even got her bridesmaid dress.... But she can do ALL this other stuff... Soooo... I am not stressing over it anymore..I have done everything.. BENT OVER BACKWARDS for her.. and she is still acting like she has done nothing or that everything is fine...

I am not letting that make me upset over this special day... If she shows up.. that is great.. but wait until after the wedding because right now it's pure emotions that will drive everything that you say to her...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My family thrives on drama so I completely know how you feel. I have already decided that the family members that I do everything for but always has an excuse for me that this is their last chance. If they have another bs excuse why they can't come that I am done and not going to let it bother me. I am not going to expect much from them so I won't be disappointed. It's sad that family can be like that but it is what it is. Let it go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:52e18ef8-3af7-4b05-9d50-fd2e28ee62df">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with southerncutie =)   you sent the invitation and now it is her job to contact you and if she doesn't call her one last time. i have a couple family flakes too and if they do not make my big day after us giving them 8 months notice plus trying to arrange ways for them to stay on budget with carpooling, booking suites to share on expenses etc. then they are out for good!!! (unless something happens in the long future, im SICK of there BS and excuses too)
    Posted by mbenoit03[/QUOTE]

Oh I've been dealing with this too from other family members making every aspect of going a big deal. It's a 3hr drive for crying out loud, but we get 'I'm not good driving long distance', 'if we take Greyhound, how are we gonna get around over there..We don't know how to take taxi's', the hotels are expensive'..OF COURSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE NOW seeing you waited 8 months to book anything! Seriously how difficult is it catching a cab to go from point A to point B?? I'm so over it LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:15565b24-6478-4af0-90a8-29f54e98c5c0">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My family thrives on drama so I completely know how you feel. I have already decided that the family members that I do everything for but always has an excuse for me that this is their last chance. If they have another bs excuse why they can't come that I am done and not going to let it bother me. I am not going to expect much from them so I won't be disappointed. It's sad that family can be like that but it is what it is. Let it go.
    Posted by sunni96[/QUOTE]<div>great choice of words, do not let the family bother us if they dont make it there loss!!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:04e7fd38-a71d-4986-b21f-b96a35737981">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Dark Cloud.... : Oh I've been dealing with this too from other family members making every aspect of going a big deal. It's a 3hr drive for crying out loud, but we get 'I'm not good driving long distance', 'if we take Greyhound, how are we gonna get around over there..We don't know how to take taxi's', the hotels are expensive'..OF COURSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE NOW seeing you waited 8 months to book anything! Seriously how difficult is it catching a cab to go from point A to point B?? I'm so over it LOL
    Posted by fablove[/QUOTE]
    LOL its sad but funny! i hear you! my family members go to Vegas at least 4x a year each and now all of a sudden they aren't sure if they can afford to go or get time off of work or a sitter; COMMON! we gave them plenty of notice too and its  4 hr drive not a 10 hr flight! they could have planned one trip for the time of our wedding if not so be it saves us a bundle, we know we will have at least 20 of our funnest, caring, loving family/friends and honestly if thats all that shows no big deal the others will hear how fun it was and that they should have been there!!! happy times rigth around the corner! woot woot!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:828db3e4-a1f2-4557-bb30-ccb8f8f1549a">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Dark Cloud.... : LOL its sad but funny! i hear you! my family members go to Vegas at least 4x a year each and now all of a sudden they aren't sure if they can afford to go or get time off of work or a sitter; COMMON! we gave them plenty of notice too and its  4 hr drive not a 10 hr flight! they could have planned one trip for the time of our wedding if not so be it saves us a bundle, we know we will have at least 20 of our funnest, caring, loving family/friends and honestly if thats all that shows no big deal the others will hear how fun it was and that they should have been there!!! happy times rigth around the corner! woot woot!!
    Posted by mbenoit03[/QUOTE]

LMAO Exactly! Same thing here...Gets me you can fly to Mexico every year, but you can't fly to Vegas which is a 30min, hour flight the most? All of a sudden your scared to fly or it's too expensive...REALLY?? LOL
  • I agree with the others. Just contact her after the rsvp date and if no response then its her lost. Move on and enjoy your new life and adventures to come
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:5f43bbe4-407a-469b-8740-c021c977e4f9">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Dark Cloud.... : LMAO Exactly! Same thing here...Gets me you can fly to Mexico every year, but you can't fly to Vegas which is a 30min, hour flight the most? All of a sudden your scared to fly or it's too expensive...REALLY?? LOL
    Posted by fablove[/QUOTE]<div>LMAO!!! ur so funny just curious what city do you live in? I'm in Chino Hills =)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:5f43bbe4-407a-469b-8740-c021c977e4f9">Re: My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Dark Cloud.... : LMAO Exactly! Same thing here...Gets me you can fly to Mexico every year, but you can't fly to Vegas which is a 30min, hour flight the most? All of a sudden your scared to fly or it's too expensive...REALLY?? LOL
    i have a question do you think any of your guests may just appear or plan to go last minute? will you add them on? i think i can only add on guests 3 days ahead of time so i better not have too many doing this-lol and people better not randomly show up with a date if they aren't in a serious relationship we didn't include their date. i have a feeling i will have to make lots of calls soon to confirm =/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG we are neighbors! I'm in Rancho Cucamonga by Victoria Gardens! LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-dark-cloud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe4a9b88-046b-4ec4-98e3-477fdd398b6fPost:fd22c166-d68d-484c-a22e-4c7b72aa8fb9">Re:My Dark Cloud....</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG we are neighbors! I'm in Rancho Cucamonga by Victoria Gardens! LOL
    Wow thats pretty cool =) so close!!! its a small world how funny we both are planning a Vegas wedding and coming from the same zipcode (almost) lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards