Kentucky-Louisville

Best hotel venues?

Hi Brides... I'm lining up some appointments over the next couple weeks to check out venues.  Which hotels in our area would you recommend I check out?  Good value?  Pretty rooms?  Also... is anyone planning a reception in the Seelbach Rathskeller... or at The Brown Hotel?  Thanks!!

Re: Best hotel venues?

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brown, Seelbach, and Galt all have nice space and good rooms.  Check out the Hyatt downtown as well.  I've heard good things about the hotels by the airport.  There's a Comfort Inn and Suites there that has a reception space that some friends used.  I couldn't go to their wedding, but it was a great space they said. 

We booked our hotel block at the Jameson Inn at Blankenbaker and 64, but they don't have reception space. 
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crowne Plaza by the airport just did a $6MM renovation, and their ballroom is absolutely stunning. It is very elegant and not outdated like some of the others, and seems to be a little more reasonably priced too. I talked to Alyson Tudor who coordinates weddings there and she seemed great to work with. If you give them a call I would ask for her.  It's defintely worth going and looking at IMO just because it's so beautiful.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding ceremony at the Seelbach Hilton in the Rathskeller room.  Their prices are very reasonable for ceremonies, but they tend to run very high for receptions.  When I asked them about a reception for this October, they quoted me:
    Grand Ballroom:  $12,000 minimum food expense
    Rathskeller:  $8,000 minimum food expense

This is the minimum you would have to spend on food to not be charged a room rental fee.  For just the wedding ceremony, they quoted me $1000 room rental fee for either the Grand Ballroom or the Rathskeller.

I hope this helps.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI - I've been to several meals at the Hyatt downtown in their banquets area, and the food was very unimpressive.  Not bad, just blah.  The service was adequate, but the food was lack luster IMO.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love the Marriott downtown.  Very nice.  Great staff!
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any information on the The Brown Hotel and their minimums for a reception in the Crystal Ballroom?  Much appreciated!

Answer:  Brown Hotel's Crystal Ballroom =  $14,000 Food and Beverage Minimum; which if you start doing the numbers, the break even point is right around 120/130 guests when compared with Kye's II or Seelbach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards