Catholic Weddings
Options

Girls I need some help

I need some prayers! I have to go back to school this summer, because I have been a stay at home mom for years and do not have any job/career/education to provide for the girls and me. So to do that I need a sitter, I don't live near family and won't be returning to my family. Too many problems in my family to even write about the girls dad lives over 400 miles away, and won't be coming back to help. And I don't have a lot of money to offer a sitter. So when you have a moment, I know a lot of you have already been praying for us, but if you could throw in a specific prayer that we find a sitter who provides great care for my girls and I can afford I would be grateful. I start school the second week of May and I'm getting nervous! Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girls I need some help

• Options
    Definitely praying!

Check with your school to see if they offer any affordable childcare options for students!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I have. The school daycare is crazy expensive and not available all hours classes are. Confusing to say the least! I have every belief something will show up, I just don't know when or where!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    *hugs* and *prayers*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Prayers coming your way.

What about looking on one of the nannying/sitter sites such as care.com? Perhaps you could find a great person in your budget range.
  • Options
    Prayers for you! Finding the right child care can be stressful in any situation and I know you've been through so much lately so i feel for you! I know at least where I live, in-home daycare tends to be cheaper than a center. But then with two kiddos, a nanny might make sense. How long will you need care? I know lots of College students look for summer nanny jobs and usually they cost a but less than "career" nannies. Do you know anyone with college aged kids you could ask? Best of luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Best wishes and I'll send lots of prayers that you find affordable childcare!  
  • Options
    You have been in my prayers since I read this yesterday and will continue to be. Have you contacted a local priest to see if any area high schoolers may be in need of service hours? I did some free babysitting for service hours when I was in junior high and high school for scholarship and confirmation hours. Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_girls-i-need-some-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:bfe30be0-0f20-41cd-a71e-64f3c88e9a6cPost:928bb08e-a3ba-4ad6-a1e9-fd2ddba2f8e5">Re: Girls I need some help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Prayers for you! Finding the right child care can be stressful in any situation and I know you've been through so much lately so i feel for you! I know at least where I live, in-home daycare tends to be cheaper than a center. But then with two kiddos, a nanny might make sense. How long will you need care? I know lots of College students look for summer nanny jobs and usually they cost a but less than "career" nannies. Do you know anyone with college aged kids you could ask? Best of luck!
    Posted by TeaForMe[/QUOTE]

I was thinking something along these lines.  Check out your local colleges and universities that have early childhood education and psychology programs.  Students who are studying to be elementary school teachers or child psychologists would be great since you already know they love kids and are being educated in what works best for them.  Also, check out CPR certification places like Red Cross to see if they allow sitters who become certified to post their contact info on a bulletin board in their place.  They may be able to tell you about a couple regulars who stay certified for just this reason. Big hugs and prayers going out to you. It will get better. And congrats for having the initiative to better yourself for your kids. They will see that they have an amazing mom who is not just sitting around feeling sorry for herself and that is a great lesson you are teaching them that my mom taught me and my brother after her divorce from my dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards