Snarky Brides

Am I a bridezilla?

So, a former really close friend, who has been more of a casual friend in the last few months (see post in Photography/video, if you like) ended our friendship of 11 years over text message last night. Reason being is that she didn't want FH and I to go to one of the same places for our photos that her and her husband went to. I feel that this is petty and a little selfish of her, but I can't help but wonder if I should've just given in to her, and said that we wouldn't use that photo location. Now, I'm wondering if I'm the one who is being selfish and a bridezilla?? The one thing is that she knows how hard our planning process has been, and how many roadblocks we've had to hurdle and all the people that we've had to please. She's been the one to say that it's our day and to do as we please.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I a bridezilla?

• Is it a public location? If so, then no, you're not being a bridezilla. There are lots of locations where multiple brides and couples have pictures taken.

I would suggest giving her a little time to vent and get over it.
    Anniversary
  • It is a public place, yes. It's actually a really long oak tree-lined driveway, but when my friend looked into it for her wedding photos, the people who owned the farm said that there have been numerous photo shoots on their property. Our photographer has also done photo shoots there. It's lovely and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. As for giving her time, she ended it, told me in her last text message to have a nice life and a nice wedding. I've sent her a couple concerned messages with no response. I'm not mad at her at all, and am actually glad that the relationship is over, as it's been toxic for quite some time. I am however, concerned for her, as her outburst last night was completely out of character and extremely angry.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-bridezilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:57bf8bb4-fa7b-4954-a027-a243fdaac3b4Post:93e91193-428f-413d-94fe-4cf39624fd05">Re: Am I a bridezilla?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it a public location? If so, then no, you're not being a bridezilla. There are lots of locations where multiple brides and couples have pictures taken. I would suggest giving her a little time to vent and get over it.
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Then she really wasn't a great friend to begin with if she could end a friendship over something so ridiculous.  Count yourself lucky and move on.

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-bridezilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:57bf8bb4-fa7b-4954-a027-a243fdaac3b4Post:d2ee199c-1e88-43cb-a9df-32b6dd2338ac">Re: Am I a bridezilla?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then she really wasn't a great friend to begin with if she could end a friendship over something so ridiculous.  Count yourself lucky and move on.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
    This!
  • I agree with Maggie. This is an adult woman ending a friendship over this?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Okay, thanks ladies! I kind of thought that her reaction was a little blown out of proportion, but couldn't help but have some doubts too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Your "friend" is clearly over reacting that you're taking photos in the same place she took her wedding photos. They won't even look the same because it will be you and your husband vs. them. When were picking a photographer, we looked at some albums in which the couple had their wedding at the same location as we were planning to, just to get a vague idea of how he photographs weddings there. While it was helpful, in no way are our pictures the same as those pictures, despite being taken at the same location. You and your husband are what make your pictures unique, not where they are taken. I'm sorry you've lost who you've thought was a friend, but count your blessings that she ended it and enjoy the rest of your wedding planning process! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • your ex-friend is bananas.  Say good riddance to her and be grateful she's gone.

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• She sounds ridiculous. 
  • Ridiculous friend is ridiculous. That's circus level freakshow behavior.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• wow. ditto those other posters. 

I blame facebook and myspace etc.  People now throw around the word "friend" pretty casually. 

That chick does not sound terribly friend-like.   Not even terribly friendly.
  • BUT I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BE BLONDE!!!!!

Yeah, one less person to keep in you contacts!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow!!  She sounds rather immature and petty.  You have every right to take your pictures wherever you want to and for her to end y'alls friendship over this just proves that she was not really a friend. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-bridezilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:57bf8bb4-fa7b-4954-a027-a243fdaac3b4Post:d618b24d-2942-457f-aee2-cc52c59f0c30">Re: Am I a bridezilla?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is a public place, yes. It's actually a really long oak tree-lined driveway, but when my friend looked into it for her wedding photos, the people who owned the farm said that there have been numerous photo shoots on their property. Our photographer has also done photo shoots there. It's lovely and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. As for giving her time, she ended it, told me in her <strong>last text message to have a nice life and a nice wedding</strong>. I've sent her a couple concerned messages with no response. I'm not mad at her at all, and am actually glad that the relationship is over, as it's been toxic for quite some time. I am however, concerned for her, as her outburst last night was completely out of character and extremely angry. In Response to Re: Am I a bridezilla? :
    Posted by Alesha1978[/QUOTE]

In that case, you're better off without this one!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-bridezilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:57bf8bb4-fa7b-4954-a027-a243fdaac3b4Post:88b6faed-f488-456e-80c0-eae773faafb3">Am I a bridezilla?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, a former really close friend, who has been more of a casual friend in the last few months (see post in Photography/video, if you like) ended our friendship of 11 years over text message last night. Reason being is that she didn't want FH and I to go to one of the same places for our photos that her and her husband went to. I feel that this is petty and a little selfish of her, but I can't help but wonder if I should've just given in to her, and said that we wouldn't use that photo location. Now, I'm wondering if I'm the one who is being selfish and a bridezilla?? The one thing is that she knows how hard our planning process has been, and how many roadblocks we've had to hurdle and all the people that we've had to please. She's been the one to say that it's our day and to do as we please.
    Posted by Alesha1978[/QUOTE]

<strong>Your not a bridezilla at all, its a public place, just because she had her photoshoot there doesn't make it "her place" and noone else can use that space, its should be a compliment to her that you enjoyed her photo shoot and wanted the same background, she is overreacting. A true friend would be happy for you and encourage you, not defriend you. </strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards