October 2012 Weddings

I want to rip my teeth out.

Argh... I have the most horrible awful toothache. This is so frustrating. I hate my teeth : /

I have really weak enamal and i swear it takes nothing for a cavity to develop. I went almost six years without going to the dentist because we didn't have insurance. The summer before my senior year we all went back and I swear I had to hae every tooth in my mouth filled. I bawled my eyes out for days. The dentist felt terrible for me, but I am now her star patient, haha. I had to have like 6 appts for stuff that summer. One tooth had to be pulled and my wisdon tooth came in and filled the spot up. The wisdom tooth was imperfect tho, and within a year I had to have it filled. I'm in pain now because the filling fell out (and I haven't even had it a year!!) but also another one of my teeth just plain hurts : ( I feel so pathetic,

I hate going to the dentist so much because I am just so afraid of what they're going to tell me is wrong now. I have an appt tomorrow. O, and I still have no insurance so I hate to think what this is going to cost me. And I cannot do this for two more months til I get on FI's insurance.

As a disclaimer, which is the part I hate the most. Having all these fillings just makes me feel so gross and bad about myself. I have very nice, white, straight teeth... that I take such good care of! I don't understand why I have to deal with all of this : (

Ok, done pouting now : )

Re: I want to rip my teeth out.

• ahhh! tooth pain is the worst!i just went through a tooth ache that just wouldnt quit a few months ago it hurt so bad i couldnt even sleep thats what made me finally go to the dentist!  i had to have a root canal. i still havent gone back for them to cap the tooth!!! i was pissed i went the first time took 15 minutes tops paid $700 then i went back for the follow up/ 2nd part of the processure and when i went to pay the receptionist said oh wait we didnt  charge you the right amount last time you owe us $130 more for the last visit and 325 for this visit!!! i was outraged ... you charged me the wrong amount last time that is not my fault! finally the dentist came out after 20 minutes and told them not to charge me for last time that was their mistake not mine! i think thats another reason i dont want to go back the receptionists really made me mad .... the dentist was awesome though!
  • My dentist is seriously so amazing and sweet and understanding, but I still just feel so terrible everytime I have to go back there. That was really nice of them not to charge you for their mistake. I am kind of concerned I am going to need something major for this tooth because it is one that has a filling already but just plain hurts.

I have been in pain for the last couple days and I just woke up so so miserable this morning and knew I needed to get my butt in their ASAP. Even tho just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Argh, i am so whiney right now, lol. Can't wait to be done with this.
  • I feel for you!  I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out.  My dentist told me that, well, I'm not going to tell you how many years ago.  I'm scared to death to go.  A few years back I had to have a root canal because I waited to long to have a cavity taken care of.  I went ot the dentist religiously every 6 months after that but I also had insurance at the time.  Fast forward a few years, i chipped my bottom front tooth and had it bonded (I think that's what it is)  It came off about 6 months later and he fixed it for free because it shouldn't have come off.  THEN, my dentist moves to the other side of the country and someone bought his practice.  I am scared to death to go back...I broke the bond thingy again on a stupid granola bar. However,  I refuse to get married with a chipped freakin' tooth, so I better get it taken care of!!

I had a total fear of the dentist for years because of the butcher of a dentist we used when I was a kid.  I loved the other guy and once again am terrified to go to another dentist.  AND I think I may have another cavity. OMG, I'm too old for this!!  LOL.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards