Honeymoon Discussions

FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!

So last week I posted that we only had our flights...but now we have hotels too!!

We're going to fly into Paris and stay for 5 days at Hotel New Orient.  Then we fly from Paris to Pisa, see the Leaning Tower and then take the train to Cinque Terre.  We are staying at CasaLorenza in room Venere, which has the most AMAZING sea and town views!!  We even have our own private balcony :).  Then after 2 nights in Cinque Terre, we head to Rome for 5 days.  We ended up getting an amazing apartment by Piazza Navona and I couldn't be happier!!!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!

• Wow; that sounds incredible!  We went to Paris in April and had a great time! Check my blog if you're intersted.

Next big trip on our list is Italy 2014; so your HM is right up my alley! Congrats!

• What a great trip!  Cinque Terre is my favorite place so far, so beautiful!  I really like Rick Steves' guide books for Paris and Italy if you're thinking of getting some books.  Plus they're fun to read before the trip to get you guys pumped up.  He has some great recommendations for Cinque Terre walks and hikes that aren't the "normal" hikes between the towns.  And also great free podcasts that you can download from iTunes for all the major tourist sites that offer tours that can be expensive.
  • i'm sorry youy're not stopping in florence for at least one night. i'd take that over pisa any day. not that pisa isn't nice, it is, but the area outside of the tower is often not visited0which it should be. it's beautiful and is full of great streets to explore.

i'd pull a night from rome for florence if it were me......

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_finally-got-everything-booked-european-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:086272e9-3ab7-4b63-93bf-1f2c67aeb37ePost:bd2b38da-dd40-4d51-b578-fae240394a97">Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm sorry youy're not stopping in florence for at least one night. i'd take that over pisa any day. not that pisa isn't nice, it is, but the area outside of the tower is often not visited0which it should be. it's beautiful and is full of great streets to explore. i'd pull a night from rome for florence if it were me......
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

I've already done a few days in Florence, so I didn't want to go there again - but thanks for the suggestion!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_finally-got-everything-booked-european-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:086272e9-3ab7-4b63-93bf-1f2c67aeb37ePost:1f77b11d-2c5f-4544-9a45-5d09886762c0">Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon! : I've already done a few days in Florence, so I didn't want to go there again - but thanks for the suggestion!
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

Also, I wouldn't want to pack too many cities into one trip.  What you have now sounds like a good amount (Paris--Pisa--Cinque Terra--Rome)

Have fun! 

SaveSave
  • Piazza Navona is absolutely beautiful!!!  Great place to have some wine, antipasti, and people watch, especially in early evening.  There are always muscians playing and artists selling artwork there.  We are also going to Europe for our honeymoon and I cannot wait!!!  Have fun!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_finally-got-everything-booked-european-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:086272e9-3ab7-4b63-93bf-1f2c67aeb37ePost:77b8d63a-4486-406f-8f8e-87057ded9d0e">Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Piazza Navona is absolutely beautiful!!!  Great place to have some wine, antipasti, and people watch, especially in early evening.  There are always muscians playing and artists selling artwork there.  We are also going to Europe for our honeymoon and I cannot wait!!!  Have fun!!!
    Posted by chad+mel22[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I hope you have an amazing time too!!  Where/when are you going?
  • Glad you got everything finalized! If you need any recs in the places you are visiting, let me know!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_finally-got-everything-booked-european-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:086272e9-3ab7-4b63-93bf-1f2c67aeb37ePost:7a88dda6-d857-456e-8dd9-f1f4fca48bd2">Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FINALLY got everything booked! European honeymoon! : Thanks!  I hope you have an amazing time too!!  Where/when are you going?
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

We are taking a two week cruise out of Venice that goes through Greece, Croatia, and Turkey.  We're also staying a few extra days in Venice when the cruise returns.  We leave at the end of September, so I'm hoping the weather will be cooler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards