South Carolina-Charleston

The Tides or Charelston Harbor resort & marina or beach house rental-opinions?

We are still trying to figure out a venue. Small budget, but want to be able to have around 50-80 guests. We live in Atlanta & will have guests coming from here, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, & Spain.
All opinions & ideas welcome.
Thanks!

Re: The Tides or Charelston Harbor resort & marina or beach house rental-opinions?

• I think the Charleston Harbor Resort is beautiful, but it might be kinda pricy. I really like Tides, personally. I think it's a beautiful venue and not too expensive.
  • The problem that I had with the Tides (I actually just went and looked at it over MLK day) was that the main ballroom does not overlook the ocean, rather you have to rent a separate room which was kind of small for a sit down reception. Also, you have to pay for lobby space separately. It's kind of a weird way they have pricing set up. Also, the catering is definitely not cheap but the food is to die for!
    I also looked at Charleston Harbor Resort and happened to swing by while there was a wedding going on. It looked really fabulous! I didn't get to tour the property but its pretty neat for guests to stay there because the water taxi leaves to downtown Charleston from there, and there are tons of hotels to stay close by.
  • We had our rehearsal dinner there and it was breathtaking. Be sure to spend a little extra to book the deck too so people can go out and see the boats. I think I have some video of it if you'd like to see it. Email me @ CourtneyBAment@gmail.com
  • We had our rehearsal dinner there and it was breathtaking. Be sure to spend a little extra to book the deck too so people can go out and see the boats. I think I have some video of it if you'd like to see it. Email me @ CourtneyBAment@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards