November 2013 Weddings

Small Checks (plus pics)

Hey y'all!

Saturday was wedding shopping day for FI, MOH, and I.  First we went to David's Bridal. Since my dress in pink, the bridesmaids and MOH are in white (and I'm letting them pick their own dresses) with pink sashes (that'll I'll be providing) to match my dress.  MOH found her dress recently and wanted to go out with me to find the right kind of sash.  We found a great one with flowers that are similar to flowers on my dress, in the right color.  It's been discontinued, so we got to take the one from the store and it was on sale.  Check it out:

We also found some matching basic sashes just like the one above, but without the flowers, for the rest of the bridesmaids.

While we were there roaming around waiting to meet with the consultant, FI happened to see some cute clutches in my pink hanging on the wall.  Since we're not having any flowers in the wedding (except my fake bouquet), I was planning on getting them white or silver clutches to carry (and filling them with essential day of goodies).  That all changed with FI found these:

MOH modeled the pink version and a white version while she had her dress on.  The pink one looked great, especially when combined with the matching sash.  As luck would have it, they had exactly five (one for each of my bridesmaids and one for me). While they may never use these again, I'm super excited by how well they look contrasted against white dresses.  Yay for small checks!

I also found my shoes on Saturday.  Here's the link to the AW thread I made on Chit Chat: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_i-feel-like-being-an-aw.  They're so sparkly!
Anniversary

Re: Small Checks (plus pics)

• Awesome! We took care of 2 cake tastings, our venue tasting, 2 DJ meetings and our engagement photos while we were home last weekend. 

Rachel, I think my favorite accessory is my shoes so I totally understand your excitement!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love the shoes you posted! Those are gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to wear them because I would fall on my face throughout the evening which is why I'm searching for some pretty blue flats. Hopefully DSW or Shoe Gallery will have those. I will probably go shopping in the next month or so for that.
  • In Response to Re:Small Checks plus pics:[QUOTE]I love the shoes you posted! Those are gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to wear them because I would fall on my face throughout the evening which is why I'm searching for some pretty blue flats. Hopefully DSW or Shoe Gallery will have those. I will probably go shopping in the next month or so for that. Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

I normally can't wear heels because of my unstable ankles, so I was actually looking for flats when I found these. They work for me because of the ankle straps. I definitely won't be able to wear them the whole time though. I'll probably bring a pair of my croc flip flops as backup for when the dancing starts. Thanks goodness I'll have someone to hold onto walking down the aisle and then backup though.

Also, I found mine at DSW. They've got a great selection. Make sure you check out the clearance section too.
    Anniversary
  • Awesome shoes! On of our colors is Navy, so I'm still unsure if I want to do a navy shoe or not. Congrats on finding awesome accessories!
    V|V TSP V|V Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the sash!  That was an awesome find with the clutches.  I was thinking of doing sash too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards