Rhode Island

How much did your flowers cost?

Hello everyone! I was just curious to know roughly what everyone is spending or has spent on flowers for their wedding. This can include bouquets, centerpieces, arrangements for the church etc. This is something I am willing to splurge on in my budget but really an kinda clueless as to price range. Thanks!!

Re: How much did your flowers cost?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_how-much-did-your-flowers-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:10a9ae8e-633c-4e69-93d6-e520bf6b75bdPost:48046d7e-546f-4f6d-a687-2a8bad788caf">How much did your flowers cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone! I was just curious to know roughly what everyone is spending or has spent on flowers for their wedding. This can include bouquets, centerpieces, arrangements for the church etc. This is something I am willing to splurge on in my budget but really an kinda clueless as to price range. Thanks!!
    Posted by ginams31[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard from most florists that flowers should be 8-10% of your total budget. If you're willing to splurge, just bump that percentage up as high as you're comfortable!</div>
  • Here is the break down of what I spent. We used golden gate. Prices vary SIGNIFICANTLY based on what flowers you use. I used only in season.
    4 large centerpieces $175 pp
    4 smaller centerpieces $90p
    Bouquet- $150
    BM bouquet (I asked for petitie to save money, they were big!)- $60 each
    Rentals for other tabels- $20

Large urns with babies breath- $150 each.

Boutinerres- $10-20 each

I think a good way to compare pricing, is to find sme bouquets you like and get pricing on them. For the one I liked, the priciing was between 125 and 200, so I was able to judge on how expensive the florist was.

For all of the above, plus some smaller flowers for the moms ,adn some small cocktail table centerpiecs, with delivery we paid just over $2,000.
    I also had another quote from an amazing florist, who does beauitful work but she was closer to $4700
    My lowest quote, from forals by alisa, was closer to $1500.

If you want to check out my flowers, you can see our wedding here.
    http://www.newportweddingglam.com/real-weddings/real-wedding-jen-tj/
  • I have not finalized the details yet 
     Bridal bouquet:  A lush, natural garden bouquet of white peonies, garden roses, ranunculus, green hypericum berries and accents of white veronica, freesia and sweet pea with variegated pittosporum.  To be wrapped with bridal white satin ribbon and finished with pearl pins. $150

Bridesmaids: Elegant garden bouquets of dark pink penonies with accents of pink waxflower and lemon leaf.  To be wrapped with green satin ribbon and finished with pearl pins. $65 each

For Mothers: Petite bouquet of green hydrangea, pink roses and white spray roses.  To be wrapped with green satin ribbon and finished with pearl pins. $38 each

Boutinerres- $12

Tablescapes:  Natural and simple garden centerpieces of white hydrangea, a deep pink peony and accents of pink smaller flowers with a few greens. To be designed in a mason jar with a natural raffia bow around each jar.

15 Tables at $29.00 each; $435.00

Labor in $170 Delivery and set up $90

Total$1061

• I used Whole Foods since I had a smaller floral budget but did not want to compromise on quality. I attached a detail 

Bridal Bouquet: Hand tied look – Bride will provide fabric for wrapping stems:

one row of pearl pins down center.

(5) Pink Peony, (4) fuchsia  roses,(4 )soft orange roses ,(4)soft yellow roses(6) heads of pink mini cymbidium orchid. Bear grass loops underneath.      With labor   $82.00

2 Girls: Wrist corsage

2 big heads of Fuchsia rose with dramatic bear grass loops on white beaded wristband

$17.99 each      $35.98

2 Moms: pin on

One to have large Fuchsia rose with light pink spray rose bear grass loops   $9.99

One to have pink mini cymbidium orchid with bear grass loops    $12.99

Groom: pink mini cymbidium orchid with bear grass loops    $12.99

3 Grooms men: Fuchsia rose with bear grass loops $9.99 ea      $29.97

2 Dads: Cream or white spray rose with bear grass loops $9.99 ea   $19.98

6 Pin on:  Each to have spray roses with bear grass loops $9.99 ea. $59.94

4 of them light pink 2 of them cream or white

Deliver to Newport Easton Beach Rotunda

$27.00 delivery fee

9 5x5 cube arrangements for tables:

(3)  Pink peony, (2) Fuchsia Roses, (2) orange roses (2) Yellow roses (3) Billy ball with bear grass loop in and around vase, very modern contemporary look. $39.00 each with labor total for 9    $421.20

Total    $685.04 + %7 tax ($48) + total delivery fee of $42.00(cashier will ring in delivery account)

I also paid an additional $100 for floral petals and two tropical bouquet centerpieces from Wholefoods on the day of the wedding in their flower shop on display for the Cambodian wedding ceremony.

• I am also using Whole Foods. Looks like prices have gone up since RoyalOrient got married
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_how-much-did-your-flowers-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:10a9ae8e-633c-4e69-93d6-e520bf6b75bdPost:8dcd5c32-2d91-4fe1-a9b9-df215b6bee8d">Re: How much did your flowers cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also using Whole Foods. Looks like prices have gone up since RoyalOrient got married
    Posted by cristin517[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww I was hoping they would still be on the affordable end of the spectrum. </div>
  • ginams31ginams31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Thank you all so much, this is exactly what I was looking for! This definitely help me out, thanks again! :
  • Robin Hollow Farm!  She owns her own farm and grows her flowers.  We're spending about $1500 for 3 large centerpieces, 10-12 small, welcome table decorations, bridal bouquet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @RoyalOrient  I think whole foods is still affordable. This is a working proposal. I am getting married in June and using a lot of Peonies. These prices may go down because the price of Peonies will be inseason. I will post prices again after wedding. 
  • I got my quotes in November of 2011.  From the best of my memory (and this doesn't include a bridal bouquet - mne was clay - and I had smallish centerpieces b/c it wasn't a sit-down dinner...
    Greenwood Florist $1200
    River's Edge $850
    Blooming Blossoms $650
    Whole Foods $550

I went with Blooming Blossoms and Pam was a dream to work with. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jaimieleefjaimieleef member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
  • This is what I ended up paying for flowers at Whole Foods
    Flowers $807.95
    Labor $161.59
    Delivery and set up $90
    Total $1059.54 + tax
    I got a Bridal bouquet, 2 BM bouquets, 3 Boutonnieres, 2 petite bouquets, 15 centerpieces,(Hydrangeas and 1 peony) 1 larger arrangement for gift table, and peonies for the cake
  • Cristin517 and others: how have your experiences been using Whole Foods to do flowers? Do you feel they did a good job with delivery and set up?
  • Loved my flowers. We just did centerpieces so they just had to be put on table, but we also did  fresh flowers for the cake and I loved the cake! 
    Kaylen  at N. Main location did ours. She really loves doing weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards