Plus-Sized

The perfect plus size bride - bridal shop! In Columbia, MD

It's called curvasious couture and it's in Columbia, MD. I went there today and had such a pleasant experience and the shop is stunning!! The staff was friendly, accommodating and I didn't feel the "hurry up and buy pressure." I'm a size 12 in my jeans, which means I'm a 16 in wedding dresses so I haven't been able to try many of the gowns I like on at other shops, Simply because shops stock sizes 4-10. But Curvasious Couture's gowns start at a size 14 and go up to 26+. They have all the designer labels and dresses start around $2000.

So ladies if you are not a size 6 or smaller do yourself a favor and stop by this shop!!

Re: The perfect plus size bride - bridal shop! In Columbia, MD

• You might want to also post this on your local board.  Glad you had a great experience!
  • <div>Awesome! I live in MD and they would have been my first stop if I had done real dress shopping. I ended up dress shopping online and never in store... kind of unusual, but it worked for me! Don't forget to post this on the local board like the other person said :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Enjoy your dress! </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_the-perfect-plus-size-bride-bridal-shop-in-columbia-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:017dd4a7-fa51-4430-8082-29431db32bf4Post:6d3eb5a9-c106-4a85-8219-f1b815f3a9ee">The perfect plus size bride - bridal shop! In Columbia, MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's called curvasious couture and it's in Columbia, MD. I went there today and had such a pleasant experience and the shop is stunning!! The staff was friendly, accommodating and I didn't feel the "hurry up and buy pressure." I'm a size 12 in my jeans, which means I'm a 16 in wedding dresses so I haven't been able to try many of the gowns I like on at other shops, Simply because shops stock sizes 4-10. But Curvasious Couture's gowns start at a size 14 and go up to 26+. They have all the designer labels and dresses start around $2000. So ladies if you are not a size 6 or smaller do yourself a favor and stop by this shop!!
    Posted by Cindy9714[/QUOTE]
  • ils2004ils2004 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I purchased my gown from that shop and I have had the best experience working with them. I also highly recommend them :)
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also went to Curvasious Couture and had a similar fantastic experience. It is 2.5 hours away for me but totally worth it for a great dress experence. 
  • LeahzcLeahzc member
    First Comment

I have heard great things about them.  Too bad my budget can't exceed $500!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards