Wisconsin
Options

Catholic churches around Milwaukee/Wauwatosa?

Hi Wisconsin Knotties!

Thanks for all of the feedback on reception venues.  Now I've got a ceremony question!

We already have our officiant - a priest who is a friend of the family.  We're looking to do a Catholic Rite of Marriage wedding with some personalized touches, so we need a church that isn't too conservative, and that won't mind if we aren't in their parish and bring in our own officiant.  Needs to seat at least 175.

Anyone have any suggestions around our area?  If you had a Catholic wedding, where did you have it?  :)  We're looking to have the reception in Wauwatosa, so we'd like to keep the locations relatively close!

Thanks for the help!

Alie

Re: Catholic churches around Milwaukee/Wauwatosa?

• Options
    I would try St Mary's in Waukesha if youre willing to travel. I never got the impression that they were uber conservative.
  • Options
    We got married at St. Robert's in Shorewood.  We did end up joining the parish, but it was actually much easier to reserve the church once they found out we would be using a family priest.

You might want to check out St. Sebastian's in Wauwatosa.  We also have friends getting married at Old St. Mary's in downtown with their own priest.  I think the Cathedral downtown allows non-members to use the church as well.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards