Gay Weddings

Help with Iowa Same Sex Elopement

Hi my partner and I are eloping from Saint Louis to marry in Iowa, we are aiming at trying to keep the drive less than 5 hours but are having problems finding a place where we can stay and have our wedding ceremony.  There will be approximately 20-30 guests but we are not planning a reception in Iowa, choosing instead a party upon our return to Saint Louis.

Does ANYONE have any experiences, tips etc that they would be willing to share?  Ideally we would like a B&B and do the entire elopment there but we are open to anything.

Thanks in advance for any help and for reading!

Aiden.

Re: Help with Iowa Same Sex Elopement

• Welcome Aiden,
    You might want to also post this on the local board for Iowa (to the left).  I hope you get good responses from both posts.
    Congratulations
  • It is a good idea that you will have a party in Saint Louis instead of having a reception in Iowa since your not living there. Many couples do the same, they get married on other places and have the reception or party on their own place.
  • edited April 2013

Hi Aiden,
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Hotel Ottumwa in Ottumwa, Iowa would be a great choice. It is a little over a 4 hour drive from St. Louis and it is 4 lane all the way! I have made quite a few trips to St. Louis so very familiar with the trip. It is not a bad drive, especially if you have people making the trip to support your marriage.
     We have wonderful banquet rooms that would be able to accommodate you ceremony at Hotel Ottumwa or we would be able to suggest several outdoor locations in the area to you, if you prefer. We are able to provide great accommodations for your guest also. We also have a full service restaurant and lounge on site.  Hotel Ottumwa is located only 15 miles for the American Gothic House, which would be a nice place to visit. Please visit our website www.HotelOttumwa.com.  Lori Schulte has been an event planner at Hotel Ottumwa for over 25 years and she is amazing! I am also planning my wedding and I am so glad she is my wedding planner! :) You can email Lori at hotelottumwacatering@hotmail.com or call 641-682-8051 and she will be happy to help you with all the details. She has great contacts in town and can connect you with any vendor you might need.  She would also be able to suggest an officiant in the area.

Again Congrats!  Ottumwa, Iowa would be a great location choice for your wedding!

• try google searching B&B's. I'm not sure what cities are closet but you have Des Moines, Davenport, Ames, Rock Island/Moline. Hope this helps some
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards