South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Cake help

Has anyone used Saffrons for a wedding cake? Any thoughts? I don't want to spend a ton of money on cake and am open to suggestions?

Re: Cake help

• Options
    I can try to help!  When you say "spend a ton" that can mean different things to different people.  Some think $500 is crazy to spend on a cake and some think $1000 is reasonable.  It all depends on how many people you are looking to feed and the cake design and flavors.  Obviously, the more cake you need, the more expensive.  The fancier, the more expensive.  I will say, in this area, if you don't want to spend more than around $500-$600, you will most likely need to look at places such as Publix. I've never tried Saffron's cakes so I can't help you there.  Sorry!  I do know of a few others that do cakes as a hobby.  If you pm me I would gladly share info.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Publix was wonderful to work with and they have delicious cakes at a great price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    did you use publix for your cake? I was interested in using them for my wedding cake as well. Im just really trying to steer clear of fondant icing as my FH and I aren't fans.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_cake-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:4adccf24-0890-40c6-ae6b-edb2a0d45b53Post:9134197a-a4c4-4589-85eb-df73d41e6354">Re: Cake help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Publix was wonderful to work with and they have delicious cakes at a great price.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
  • Options

Jaclyn Story at Michelangelos Jaclyn provided 2 cakes for 175 people for <$500…we had a beautiful 3 tiered beach themed cake, plus another sheet cake in the back…we had carrot cake with brown sugar crème cheese icing, and lemon chiffon cake…both were delicious and moist.  We can’t wait to eat our top tier!!  Jaclyn did everything we asked, even recreating a picture of a cake we showed her...she is great!

• Options
    DeClare (DC) cakes was amazing.  I went to her last minute and she was able to fit me in with a tasting and everything (I'm literally talking less than two weeks out).  Her cakes were amazing and everyone told me after the wedding that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.  I feel kind of bad now because normally people don't eat much wedding cake and I ordered just enough servings but people had wanted seconds!  Great cakes and great prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards