Honeymoon Discussions

We're booked! RM in August :)

We booked our honeymoon today - 10 days at the Valentin Imperial Maya in Mexico at the end of August :)

Any reccomendations/tips as far as the hotel goes? Or for excursions? We were planning to do 3 through Olympus Tours - the Tulum/Xel-ha combo, Coba/Chimuch trip, and a barrier reef catamaran cruise. We were arch minors, so Tulum and Coba will be awesome.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: We're booked! RM in August :)

• We loved the Emerald rooms, so if you can splurge for that, definitely go for it. 

The best way to know what's up at the resort before you get there is to keep an eye on their facebook page. There are a lot of returning guests who post on there and will answer all your questions! 

One thing to keep in mind is that the resort does not allow guests to "hold" a pool chair or float with the use of a towel. They've started sending employees around to clean off empty chairs. But personally, when we went we just found an empty seat with towels and moved them. No one ever came back to complain while we were there. 

Excursions: the ruins are great. Also look into Xel-Ha, Xplor and Xcaret. They're all reasonably close. 

Lastly, if you haven't booked transportation from the airport to the hotel, check out http://www.cancuntransfers.com. It's $82 for a round trip (that's for both of you) and it's a private trip, so you don't share the car with anyone else.
  • it's great yuo already have your day trips planned out btu I have 2 suggestions-1: see which the resort offers and 2: book when you get there to see how the weather will be. i also suggest an AM trip. as early as you possibly can as it's absolutely roasting by mid=day at the ruins.

• Exciting! This is probably where we will be going at the end of July / beginning of August, but I'm waiting on some other financial things to wrap up before I book for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: We're booked! RM in August :):
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for all the feedback! We booked a Silver suite, knowing that the honeymoon package will bump us up to the Golden Jr. suite. I saw online that floats for the pool go fast, but you can bring your own. Is that something you'd recommend? We are doing the ruins in the AM - Tulum is an all day trip with Xel-ha in the afternoon, and the pickup time for Coba is early (7amish). Moonlight, I'm glad to hear you were happy with Cancun Transfers - that's who I was planning on using based on google reviews. :)
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

Just curious about the bolded, did you go directly through the resort to book the package, or did you book through someone else?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're booked! RM in August :) : Just curious about the bolded, did you go directly through the resort to book the package, or did you book through someone else?
    Posted by krispi921[/QUOTE]

We booked the trip itself through Travelocity. The VIM offers both a free honeymoon package and a larger paid honeymoon package; we booked the paid honeymoon package directly through the resort. All I did was email them and ask for it to be added to our reservation and we'll pay for it when we get there and check in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're booked! RM in August :) : We booked the trip itself through Travelocity. The VIM offers both a free honeymoon package and a larger paid honeymoon package; we booked the paid honeymoon package directly through the resort. All I did was email them and ask for it to be added to our reservation and we'll pay for it when we get there and check in.
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the info! I was looking at getting the Silver Suite for the jacuzzi tub, and I will keep this in mind as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards