Wedding Etiquette Forum

Quick Invitation Question

Hey Everyone,  I'm having trouble finding the proper etiquette on this....Most RSVP response cards we've seen have a line saying "M______" where people can respond with their names.  However, some of the couples we're inviting are both medical doctors.  Should our cards say "D/M___"?  Should we just leave them completely blank?  Or just expect them to cross off the M and fill in Dr.?  Help! 

Re: Quick Invitation Question

• I'd just leave it with the traditional M.  I'm pretty sure my uncle crossed off the M and wrote in "Dr & Mrs....."  I'm guessing this isn't something they're unfamiliar with.
  • I have a similar issue in that about a third of our guest list have military ranks. I'm opting to have the line, but dropping the "M." I will write in Mr./Ms./Mrs. where appropriate, just as I will with the appropriate ranks. I just didn't see the point on having so many read "M{or crossed out M}Captain John Smith"
  • I had a similar issue! My aunt and uncle are very hard headed about having Dr before their names on EVERYTHING! The other issue I had was we had decided using Mr.____Mrs.___ but then thought about the same sex couples we had invited. We opted to just leave it M.___M.___ and if they really wanted to change it, they can. But the day is all about us and if they want to be offended about something as little as the M on the rsvp cards, you don't need them at your wedding!
    Loving every planning moment!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards