Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hayloft and Bell's Banquets - affordable rustic type wedding, any input?

Hello everyone!  My fiancee and I are looking for a may/june 2014 wedding date.  We want a rustic type wedding and are looking at Bell's Banquets and Hayloft.  Does anyone have any input on either venue?  We want an affordable wedding and are liking the all inclusive-ness of both venues plus the price.  

My main concern with Bell's is that I don't want to hold the ceremony there because it is a really small venue.  We are looking at having the ceremony down the street at greendance winery though, but they haven't gotten back to me on cost.  Anybody know of any other areas to hold a ceremony in the Mt. Pleasant area?

I just started looking into Hayloft in Rockwood, pa.  Does anyone know how much a wedding would cost here or have any input about the venue?  Please let me know.  I'm just starting to start researching heavily because we would like to set our date based on the venue and everything is filling up quickly!!  Any input would be of help.

Thanks! 

Re: Hayloft and Bell's Banquets - affordable rustic type wedding, any input?

• TampghTampgh member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    I believe they have their pricing listed on the website for everything from rental to ceremony to catering.  I went to a wedding in August at the Hayloft and it was INCREDIBLE.  The ceremony was outside on the little island in the middle of the lake.  The bride and groom provided a shuttle between the venue and Hidden Valley which was great and provided a safe option for people that wanted to drink.  I also remember the bride saying it booked quickly (I believe they have an availability calandar on the website)

I am sure whichever you chose it will be awesome! :)
  • I'm touring Bell's Banquets this weekend! Though it does seem small, would you be willing to hold the ceremony outdoors on the property? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • ansannaansanna member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    I went to a wedding at the Hayloft a few years ago.. It was pretty but the main thing I remember is that it was SO HOT!! (I should add that it was the recepiton that was unusually hot. The ceremony was expected to be hot as it was outside.. but there was very little airflow in the barn, I was sweating like a hot pig.) I'm getting married nearby at Penn Scenic View in 2 weeks!
    May 2013 August Siggy: Hair Inspiration
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards