Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Today was my bridal shower!!

It was such a good time :] A good amount of people showed up, about 40. We got lots of awesome gifts. But, we also got a lot of stuff that was not on my registries & did not come with receipts. Stuff that I really dont have any use for, but will do.
Pretty sure we got like 10 different kinds of measuring cups and spoons, a ton of stuff to use with an outside grill (uh, we dont even have a grill), towels that we did not need, and the same vac that we bought a year ago & is now sitting in my closet broken.
We also got some gift cards, and some money that we will be putting in our savings account.
Im going to start working on thank you notes tomorrow.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Today was my bridal shower!!

• Options
    Aw I'm glad you had a great time at the shower! My sister came across the same predicament with their gifts. Most of BIL's family members don't do registries, their tradition is to rather pass along something of theirs as a way to welcome the couple into marriage. When my sister opened a box and pulled out a used crockpot she had to fight back the disappointment but she was a gracious bride and thanked the guest profusely.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_today-was-my-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:4cd3cb57-9c4b-446c-8652-b7c925a5b714Post:f73e4475-859c-42ea-a673-52fd38b9c0c3">Re: Today was my bridal shower!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Today was my bridal shower!! : Awesome you had a good showing and some gifts! It's inevitable to get non-registry gifts which can be frustrating when you spend all the the time to hand select what you actulally NEED. Did anyone by chance leave gift receipts? Or could you exchange some things for items you'll use?
    Posted by xt5678[/QUOTE]

The few things I would return do not have reciepts with them, but they are showing up on my registry, so I know what store they came from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I got 3 sets of measuring cups and spoons at my shower too. If you have the space, I would recommend keeping them. It's amazing how fast you go through those things if you're too lazy to wash them and throw them in the dishwasher.
  • Options
    Glad you had fun!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_today-was-my-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:4cd3cb57-9c4b-446c-8652-b7c925a5b714Post:676fc37c-bf92-4ae2-9218-f66668b1d986">Re: Today was my bridal shower!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I got 3 sets of measuring cups and spoons at my shower too. If you have the space, I would recommend keeping them. It's amazing how fast you go through those things if you're too lazy to wash them and throw them in the dishwasher.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm not engaged yet, so I haven't registered or had a shower but I echo this.  I have BOUGHT multiples of these items so if I am cooking a lot I don't have to hand wash things.

</div>
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Today was my bridal shower!!:
    [QUOTE]I think I got 3 sets of measuring cups and spoons at my shower too. If you have the space, I would recommend keeping them. It's amazing how fast you go through those things if you're too lazy to wash them and throw them in the dishwasher.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]
    Or you lose them (happens a lot when you have kids) lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards