Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Reception food ideas..

I need help deciding on food for my wedding reception in August. We've decided on finger foods instead of a meal to hopefully save money! Any suggestions would help! Looking to serve about 150 people. Thanks!

Re: Reception food ideas..

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_reception-food-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:022a6da0-56c0-4b76-a8e8-7ffe01201712Post:38bb9177-7a70-496d-a872-ea1a3cd4258c">Re: Reception food ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Finger foods aren't appropriate if your reception is during a mealtime unless there are a ton of them, and frankly if that's so it would likely be cheaper to just do a buffet. You can still do an affordable meal, especially from BBQ joints with a few sides; and/or sub sandwiches with sides etc.
    Posted by scribe95[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  You could also go the italian route with pasta with different types of sauces, salad and breadsticks.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_reception-food-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:022a6da0-56c0-4b76-a8e8-7ffe01201712Post:d840254b-ba3e-4db7-bcc3-ffde93cb2d2f">Reception food ideas..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need help deciding on food for my wedding reception in August. We've decided on finger foods instead of a meal to hopefully save money! Any suggestions would help! Looking to serve about 150 people. Thanks!
    Posted by caseyt17[/QUOTE]

What time of day is your wedding? What is your venue like? Is this a formal ceremony?
  • Options
    Not fully decided on time of day. Ceremony will be outside at a vineyard the reception will be inside at the vineyard. No not too formal...
  • Options
    For some reason, a vineyard reception makes me think of pasta!

• Options

In my research and deciding on a menu for our wedding I have found stations are popular and not that expensive. I would consider this if you are having a reception around a meal time

• Options
    I agree with the vineyard/ pasta connection!! You could have a variety of pastas with different sauces like alfredo, marinara, etc..... Then serve it up with a nice salad and breadsticks!
  • Options
    I think pasta would work well and would be pretty cheap to pull off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards