August 2013 Weddings
Options

XP: My First Fitting w/Pics

Well ladies I had my first fitting this past Saturday.  Recall that II was concerned about the alterations on the gown as I had lost 30 lbs (and still losing) since purchasing the gown. Well the good news is the alterations are doable. YAY!

The bad news is there's a lot to do and my trap of a bustier doesn't work well with the gown. There's boning in the dress already and the bustier's boning only compounds the situation. The bustier is supposedly seamless. Go figure! So I couldn't get the pricing today because I need to find a strapless bra/bustier that works, come back for the true measurements, and then price. Right now there is a total of 6 inches that needs to be taken in and we haven't even dealt with the hem!

I posted some pics with my face "covered" because I had to (long story). You can see how unruly my "girls" are and see the boning in my midsection. You can also see how much needs to come off in the back and on the sides under my arms there is an inch to take in on both sides.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: XP: My First Fitting w/Pics

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards