Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

if you were hiring a wedding planner?

LADIES!!!! If you were hiring a wedding planner for your big day, what would stand out to you? What are the do's and dont's that you would want out of your coordinator? What would you expect for your big day (yes nothing but the BEST) but, would you like a hands on coordinator that does everything WITH you not for you, or would you just like someone to schedule things for you and send you reminders? Please give me your thoughts! :)

Re: if you were hiring a wedding planner?

• I wanted someone very involved, but I also had no real vision for my wedding.  What stood out for me with the one I hired was that she took my decently vague ideas and ran with them.  She even sent me an inspiration board the same night we met with tons of ideas that we ended up incorporating in our reception!

It really depends on your personal preferences.  If you know what you want and how to do it, you may want someone who is more hands-off (or day-of/month-of coordination). If you're busy all the time and don't really know what you want, go with full service.
    Anniversary

• that was def. very helpful!!! my sister is the one wanting a planner and I just really didnt know what all they did for you? shes having a much bigger wedding and DOESNT have alot of time on her hands so that really makes sense! and I love that your planner made an inspirational board? thats really helpful!!! thank you so much! :)
  • I had a very distinct vision for my wedding, so all I needed was someone to talk over logistics with, run ideas by, and mainly to help on the actual day of the wedding.  I had an event planner with my venue that I used for this. 

Unfortunately, I should have also hired my own day-of-coordinator because on my actual wedding day (the most important), she was nowhere to be found, showing the venue to other brides.  Lesson learned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards