Ohio-Columbus
Options

Downtown Reception Venues

Hi Brides to be! I wanted some advice on downtown reception venues- mainly hotels. I have skimmed through a lot of the previous entries but some are pretty dated. I'm hoping to get some recent feedback on the following reception venues (as far as price, service, food, everything):

Westin
Hilton Downtown (anyone have a wedding here yet? I know it's brand new)
Athletic Club
Renassiance
Blackwell

Anywhere fabulous I'm missing?! We would prefer a hotel though versus COSI, Art Museum, Vault, etc venues.

Thanks so much for any or all insights! We are having the ceremony at a church downtown and likely 150-175 guests.

Kristin

Re: Downtown Reception Venues

• Options
    I just went to a work event at (brand new) The Ivory Room by Cameron Mitchell - wow!  If you go non-hotel route ... make sure you check them out,,,,

• Options
    The Athletic club is absolutely beautiful (although, not a hotel?). I love that space, and if you like the look of it you may like the Antheneaum (also not a hotel). There is the residence inn on Gay street if yuo want a hotel just so guests don't have to travel far.

Also, different look, but the capitol club has awesome views of downtown.

The blackwell isn't really downtown... and doesn't have the same type of feel as your other locations.
  • Options
    I am using the Hilton downtown for my rooms and pictures and have been working with them since February,before they were open, and they have been nothing but fabulous!  My photographer shot the first wedding they had their and he said it was so well put together and really beautiful.  The ballrooms they have are awesome because they are so big, with really intricate and modern "chandeliers".  The ballrooms also have dividers to make the room to the size you want. I do agree with PP that the Athletic Club is beautiful as well!
    Just want to put this out there as well, I'm getting married at Smith Brothers, The Loft this Saturday and you should check them out, it's beautiful and easy to work with :) Good luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Definitely going to check out the Athletic Club soon. I know it's not a hotel but just very close to the churches/hotels so wouldn't have to do shuttle etc.

I love the Smith Brothers but my fiance doesn't like the loft look :( I tried to call Hilton downtown (they had no info on their website) but haven't heard back yet! I'll have to try again- thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    The Westin!! Jilien Harvey is awesome to work with and the space is a dream.

For all of the venues...don't be afraid to try to negotiate the minimum!
  • Options
    I am getting married at the new Hilton on NYE and its AMAZING!!! It doesn't even feel like you are in columbus when you are there - AWESOME! They have tons of room options - we are having about 160 - not in the grand ballroom...but in some fun rooms upstairs -- that have a fun view of the city! And I definitely agree with prior post - have been awesome to work with!
  • Options
    Thanks! Do you have a contact there? I have called twice this week and have not heard back yet about Hilton downtown receptions... would LOVE to see it!
  • Options
    Yes - I apologize...I just saw this - I rarely check these boards. Her name is Blaire, she is the catering manager & she is AWESOME!

If you need anything else - feel free to send me a message :)
  • Options
    Hi girls!! Thanks for all your help! We are going with the Westin in April... the minimum was a little less and we fell in love with the classic style! Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    XueLilyXueLily member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Could you let me know how the food is?  I am considering that location, but have read from people who attended weddings that the food was so-so.  So I am wondering if that still applies.  Those people did not specify how long ago they went.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards