Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!

So we have been planning a trip to vegas for next weekend to meet with the wedding coordinator to see our venue, me,my sister and fiancé and now my best friend has said she wants to go too, she is a bridesmaid and knows my sister really well! but when I told my sister about her going, right away she said well if she's going im not going then!.... its so frustrating I feel like she is being so immature, so what is my sister not gonna be at my wedding then too because my best friend will also be there! I needed to get this off my chest I feel so irritated about how my sister is acting!

Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!

• Options
    how old is this sister? Sounds to me like you should call her bluff. Don't respond to her and she will probably end up going anyway. My sister isn't in my wedding and it is for the best. It will pass:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:1f820f20-3726-45bc-9b25-bf12bfd28dd8">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]how old is this sister? Sounds to me like you should call her bluff. Don't respond to her and she will probably end up going anyway. My sister isn't in my wedding and it is for the best. It will pass:)
    Posted by shaygray88[/QUOTE]
    ...she is a few years older then me that's what makes it so much worse! she's 45!! I hate the way she can be sometimes its so annoying! I wanted her to go to help me ask certain questions while we are there but if she wants to act childish then she can sit her butt at home! I'm not binging it up to her about going.
  • Options
    good idea! she sounds a little selfish. She will probably come to you about going. Maybe she feels your best friend doesn't "deserve" to go
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:a65ee3a2-294b-49c5-9dd8-4826d10dbf83">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]good idea! she sounds a little selfish. She will probably come to you about going. Maybe she feels your best friend doesn't "deserve" to go

your right! she is acting selfish! hopefully she goes but if not oh well. Thank you so much for listening lol :)
  • Options
    no problem lol. good luck! planning weddings bring out the worst in people unfortunately...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:80dd9f93-75e8-48f0-9aba-e542440fbb41">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]no problem lol. good luck! <strong>planning weddings bring out the worst in people unfortunately...</strong>

+1

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:2b72b820-c2b1-4dbb-8716-a08c1b36593e">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature! : +1
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Yep, this!  So sorry that your sis is acting this way, it definitly puts a damper on things, doesnt it?  But I also agree in - call her bluff!  If she chooses not to go because another person is going, then in the end SHE looks like the silly one to not only herself, but everyone else. :)  You are taking the high road here by including all!
  • Options
    yes this is childish and if she was a little hurt that it wasnt just u her and FI then she should have told you. but she should be okay with her going especially since shes a bridesmaid as well. i agree people do show there true colors during weddings so beware. but dont waste your time trying to make everything better that is up to the people causing the issues/drama. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all very much for all your input, I agree! and we got into a little argument about it all this morning, and she said her reason is because she juat does not care for her. but the way I see it, it's MY wedding not hers so I wasnt going to tell my bff she cant go just because my sister doesnt like her! At first my sister was being pretty childish and still was saying she wasnt going and I even told her how upset I would be if she chose not to go simply cause she doesnt like my bff. I guess after she thought about it she came around and said she will go!
    I really hope there s no more drama from now until the wedding!
  • Options
    You tell me about childish things from a sister. I'm having issues with mine as well.

I asked her to be my MOH and she agreed. That was like 6 months ago. Then she lost her job and she's having financial issues. She then told me that because of that she couldn't come. I told her I would help her pay for the trip and my father offered to lend her money that she could reimburse only when all of her other issues would be cleared. She refused without giving much details. When I told her how I felt (sad), she said I was selfish and started to be mean. My sister HATES when you don't think and say like her. And my sister hates when we talk about feelings. So she started to be really mean. Her last email, I didn't even reply to it. I blocked her from Facebook and I deleted all of her emails and text messages. I haven't spoken to her in weeks.

It makes me really sad because I love her so much, but looks like she doesn't feel the same way. Not because she doesn't come (I understand) but because when I told her it made me sad, she started to be mean.

It's not the first time that she acts that way with me. Maybe she's jealous or something?

Anyway, I didn't mean to hack your thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel... My sister is younger than me and I kinda always felt like a second mother to her as we lost our mom when we were still children.

I hope your sister will open her heart and think a little about you more her own interests as it is YOUR wedding. <3
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WOW... If you don't have family.. what else is there... It's soo sad that they are acting this way... And it is soo true... age doesn't equate to maturity...

I pray that your sisters realized that this is your day.. and they mean a lot to you.. and they come and just enjoy the day with you..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:45af185a-be76-4934-b182-86d59578a1cf">Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we have been planning a trip to vegas for next weekend to meet with the wedding coordinator to see our venue, me,my sister and fiancé and now my best friend has said she wants to go too, she is a bridesmaid and knows my sister really well! but when I told my sister about her going, right away she said well if she's going im not going then!.... its so frustrating I feel like she is being so immature, so what is my sister not gonna be at my wedding then too because my best friend will also be there! I needed to get this off my chest I feel so irritated about how my sister is acting!
    Posted by Valeriecruz82[/QUOTE]

And with soo much time until your wedding.. I pray she realizes how important your day is and how important she is to you and her standing by your side..

But.. the most important thing is that you truly enjoy your day and not let ANYBODY take your joy!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:46c7a5f9-ca8e-4ccd-a4c2-e842194b8b0a">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You tell me about childish things from a sister. I'm having issues with mine as well. I asked her to be my MOH and she agreed. That was like 6 months ago. Then she lost her job and she's having financial issues. She then told me that because of that she couldn't come. I told her I would help her pay for the trip and my father offered to lend her money that she could reimburse only when all of her other issues would be cleared. She refused without giving much details. When I told her how I felt (sad), she said I was selfish and started to be mean. My sister HATES when you don't think and say like her. And my sister hates when we talk about feelings. So she started to be really mean. Her last email, I didn't even reply to it. I blocked her from Facebook and I deleted all of her emails and text messages. I haven't spoken to her in weeks. It makes me really sad because I love her so much, but looks like she doesn't feel the same way. Not because she doesn't come (I understand) but because when I told her it made me sad, she started to be mean. It's not the first time that she acts that way with me. Maybe she's jealous or something? Anyway, I didn't mean to hack your thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel... My sister is younger than me and I kinda always felt like a second mother to her as we lost our mom when we were still children. I hope your sister will open her heart and think a little about you more her own interests as it is YOUR wedding. <3
    Posted by SnowWhiteMontreal[/QUOTE]

Oh well I think your situation sucks too! how mean and selfish she is being! its about you not her. As long as there is a way for her to be there for you, then she has no excuse! she is really thinking of herself as if your feelings mean nothing to her! I'm really sorry, I really hope she comes to her senses and see's that this should be about you :) Hopefully after she has some time to think things through and comes around and is there for you like a sister should be. Goodluck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:7cf9975d-757c-4780-acd1-23f5576640f7">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature! : And with soo much time until your wedding.. I pray she realizes how important your day is and how important she is to you and her standing by your side.. But.. the most important thing is that you truly enjoy your day and not let ANYBODY take your joy!!!
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

Thankfully my sister has! once I let her know how much it would upset me if she wasn't there she changed her tune..thank goodness! both my parents passed so I really need her help with all the planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sistermaidof-honor-acting-immature?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f5928537-ebb9-488a-93bb-1283032057e4Post:d20e82f5-889c-4a31-8df4-9b2421e8287e">Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sister/Maidof Honor acting immature! : Oh well I think your situation sucks too! how mean and selfish she is being! its about you not her. As long as there is a way for her to be there for you, then she has no excuse! she is really thinking of herself as if your feelings mean nothing to her! I'm really sorry, I really hope she comes to her senses and see's that this should be about you :) Hopefully after she has some time to think things through and comes around and is there for you like a sister should be. Goodluck :)
    Posted by Valeriecruz82[/QUOTE]

Thanks! that's very nice of you! I wish your situation turns out better as well. Kepp us posted! :)
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards