October 2013 Weddings

honeymoon talk!

So we had the call with the travel agent tonight - I am so excited! When I initially emailed her she said she had concern with our budget and being able to do what we want, so I am sitting here thinking that it's going to be $10000 more than what we wanted to spend, but that wasn't the case at all!

The next step is that they are sending us an approximate day by day to give us an idea of the cost (one with and one without the outback, which apparently really expensive to get to). One we pick which general itinerary we want to go with we will dive into more of the details on what tours, hotels, etc we will stay in. I CAN'T WAIT!

We decided that we are going to do one section of the trip luxury - with the rest average hotels. It is our honeymoon after all! She said there is a hotel in Sydney that they highly recommend that overlooks the harbor/opera house - how wonderful does that sound!
image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: honeymoon talk!

• You will never understand how jealous I am of you. I've always wanted to go there.

• I wanted australia also... we are booking our honeymoon today! Punta cana! So excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is booking our honeymoon today also.  Hannah that's awesome the travel agent is working out so well for you.  Our travel agent costs almost 1k more than travelocity and those sites, so we are booking on our own.  The extra money we can get a better room and do more island hopping.
  • We just don't have the funds to both pay for the wedding and take a honeymoon at the same time, and it kind of works out, because we don't want to make the holidays hard for our coworkers by taking time off anywhere close to November/December, so we're planning on a honeymoon for early next year and hoping that we have the funds needed to have the bitchin' honeymoon we want.

• ahstillwell that's what we are doing to - we are planning on going in February or March. So we have time after the wedding to save up a bit more for the honeymoon!

libby - I lucked out with this agency, they don't charge any fees for their services, and plan EVERYTHING for us - even day-to-day activities. I appreciate that insight because I don't know alot about Australia/New Zealand, and they go there every year.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Yeah, we're skippin the honeymoon too; but Australia!  WOW!!!  Jealous!  I've a friend who lives down there who's always encouraging me to come visit.

Sure, lemmie just hop a plane, no biggie.  :|

Cannot WAIT to see all the photos!!  Enjoy it!!
  • FI booked ours last night.  So freaking excited and it was under budget.  We are doing 9 nights in St Martin, can't freaking wait.
  • we are going to italy for our honeymoon but not until may 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards