Asian Weddings

Any creative suggestions to incorporate Korean traditions to reception?

I'm 1/2 Korean and would LOVE to incorporate some Korean wedding traditions during my wedding reception.

I don't think we're going to do a paebaek due to costs but I'm looking for ideas more geared towards decorations. Our color scheme is cream/ivory/dusy rose. Thanks!

Re: Any creative suggestions to incorporate Korean traditions to reception?

• My FI is 1/2 Korean 1/2 Irish. I want his mother to wear a hanbok to our wedding. 

Birds that mate for life such as ducks, geese, swans are good luck. Traditionally the groom presents a pair of live birds to the bride's parents. You could maybe have a pair of ceramic swans on a table.

Maybe wear a bolero type jacket  and a dress that resembles the cut of the hanbok.

Traditionally silk is gifted to the groom's family, maybe you could have silk monogrammed handkerchiefs made.

Rice cake is served at most of the Korean birthdays I've attended and I believe is served at weddings also. Mochi is another option. I plan to incorporate some of FI's favorite Korean food into the ceremony and have chopsticks for guests to use. The fruit pillars made of oranges, apples, etc are another option for decor. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards