Chit Chat
Options

At it again- hatching

Hi all, I have a batch of turkeys that decided to hatch early last,nighft. There are still some left to pop their shells. If you want to watch, they are on www.youstream.com under Peledreamsofrain.

Enjoy, they are mouthy little buggers!
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: At it again- hatching

• Options
    Yes, sorry about that. Was trying to rush out the door and get it all set up. Thanks for the catch!

Anniversary

• Options
    I suspect the next egg to hatch will be in the far right corner. But they can be hard to predict.

Anniversary

• Options
    the one walking around is sooooo cute!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm really enjoying having little turkey peeps going on while I'm working :)
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    Heehee, I'm just glad one decided to come to the front of the incubator again.  They're getting stymied by the retraining bars because I didn't have a chance to remove them.  The stinkers are three days early and I never got a chance to set up for hatch.

Once hatch starts, you can't open the incubator, or you lose humidity (really bad juju).  So they'll just have to trip over the restraining bars.

Anniversary

• Options
    I think I'm going to go home during lunch and see if another egg needs hatching assistance.  The first one out this morning came out backwards, and got himself stuck.

Anniversary

• Options
    It says off air for me.  Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    In Response to Re: At it again- hatching:
    [QUOTE]It says off air for me.  Am I doing something wrong?
    Posted by NYCBride2013[/QUOTE]

It does that occasionally, you just refresh.  Are you using Ustream. com?  My first post had the url wrong.

Anniversary

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: At it again- hatching : Awww. How do you assist them? 
    Posted by colorindark[/QUOTE]

They go through very specific positioning stages while hatching.  I monitor their positioning, and wait until I think they've reached the final stage.  It's a delicate art, because intervening too early is deadly to the chick.

In this guy's case, he'd done 98% of the work, and was just sitting there cussing when most chickscan just pop out.  So I pulled the cap off that he'd created, and he was able to finish the rest.

Anniversary

• Options
    The egg directly in front of the camera is hatching right at this moment :D

Anniversary

• Options
    Oooooh so cute... 

This makes me miss growing up out in the country and living with animals. Watching things be born. We had horses. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Oooooh so cute...  This makes me miss growing up out in the country and living with animals. Watching things be born. We had horses. 
    Posted by egeurts[/QUOTE]

Me too :).  It's part of why I do this as a hobby.  I tell you, watching eggs hatch makes me grateful I didn't have to work so hard to get myself born!

Anniversary

• Options
    Haha, the egg behind the front one went all dark horse and passed him by.

Anniversary

• Options
    OMG. This is mesmerizing!
  • Options
    He's hatching incorrectly, so he bought himself a harder hatch.  The one behind him was doing it correctly, and popped out in less than 10 minutes.  I feel sorry for the little dude, he picked a hard road.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re:At it again hatching:
    [QUOTE]:c My phone won't play nice with that site.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

are you trying www.ustream.com, or my dumb mis-post of youstream.com?

Anniversary

• Options
    Actually, if he's still struggling by the time I get home, I'll see about doing another assist. 

Anniversary

• Options
    They are so fluffy! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Did I miss it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re:At it again hatching:[QUOTE]Did I miss it? Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE] you missed the hatch, but the cam is still up and broadcasting fluffiness.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards